Free HBO for existing customers?

xccell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
I do not subscribe to HBO, but I am able to get HBO and Showtime. Anyone else notice this?

xccell said:
I do not subscribe to HBO, but I am able to get HBO and Showtime. Anyone else notice this?

Try reading one of the other half-dozen threads on this topic.

I never know when these free previews are coming up. Do they send out e-mails or something to advertise these?

It was advertised all over the place, and there were stick-ied topics here days before hand, and through it until the final day. Nothing else we can really do to help ya...

Wow, such hostility.

I noticed the HBO/Showtime free preview on the last day it was on as well. I frequent these forums about once a week, so I hadn't seen any info here. I saw no advertizing anywhere else. (Then again, I have a 522 so I don't actually watch ads anymore :)) So where exactly were we supposed to have seen it?

I am not complaining, but the hostility against the OP was a bit much.

I agree with JoLard. I didn't notice until Sunday and checked here in Dish forum and saw no sticky note re free HBO. I thought one of my teenagers had hit the select buttoms during one of the HBO ads. :eek:

jpezz said:
I saw nothing either.

John

A little trick you might try if you use Favorites Lists, add one channel of each HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and TMC to the list and then you will notice when the red or green goes away but won't have to wade through all the channels when it's not.

Mike

I didn't notice either, and I stop in every few days. But I mostly just look for the threads that say "My 522 is finally working". One can always hope.

Free previews are about once a year, if that...

There was a sticky thread at the very top of the board. It was there from like thursday (before it started) to wednesday (the last day), how you guys missed it I don't know...

Not to mention the 2-3 other topics about it on the 1st page. Seriously, it was talked about plenty.

Dish Network advertised it on quite a few channels and i skip through commercials most of the time too.

Showtime didn't air any good movies this time (Boxing), and HBO's big movie was shark tale. This wasn't like a normal free preview where they put on their best stuff, it was more like a "whatever, watch what we give you..." attitude this time. You didn't miss much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)