Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey there is a good chance you may be able to see some HD PPV tonight for free.... You need to tune to channel 9467 now (before midnight) and keep it tuned there. Then at Midnight when PPV resumes you should see the PPV without ordering it or paying for it.

The trick is if your tuned to the channel when it flips from FREE mode to PPV mode your box remains in free mode. If you change the channel after the PPV has started you will not be able to watch for free again. (At least this is how it worked a few times before)

Tonights PPV movies in HD are the IMAX File LOST WORLDS and The Big Empty..

Hurry you only got a few minutes to tune in to channel 9467 before it flips back to PPV mode. :)

You would think DISH would know about this. I wonder why it does that? Not that I wouldn't watch the free HD PPV if Directv would do the same thing. :D

This is a rarity, they just happened to be using the HD PPV channel to show the republican convention, opening up the channel free to all. :)

Woohoo, free hdppv! :)

Of course.. wont for those people buying 6000s on ebay with blue cards :cool: All the HD chans have been converted to nagra2 encryption!!!

mallu2u said:
If I do not have HD..shall I be able to do this too? PPV?

I haven't tried it in a while, but it has worked on the regular PPV channels occassionally. You have to time it just right though.

so what is on HD PPV tomorrow night then? That's how it works right, switch to it tonight before midnight and you get free hd ppv tomorrow night?

Same thing happens with Voom. I temporarily disconnected my 2nd stb and I left it on MonstersHD and never changed channels or powered off and even though the stb was not authorized to receive programming, MonstersHD never went off.

mkm4 said:
I haven't tried it in a while, but it has worked on the regular PPV channels occassionally. You have to time it just right though.
Which channel should I tune in to see if it works? Same as above?

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is a rarity, they just happened to be using the HD PPV channel to show the republican convention, opening up the channel free to all. :)
If I start watching, will it let me record onto my 921 for free???

I think the HDPPV is ch 9467. You need the 8PSK module for a 6000, or have a 811 or 921.

I'm assuming what the other guy meant was if you change channels to a ppv chan at the right time, it'll "glitch". Never tried that though. However once I was scrolling through the PPVs fast, hitting no on all the purchase dialog boxes, and it got confused, and tuned into one of the chans.

Before everyone goes all "Ooooh thats stealing!!"... I was just trying to get out of the ppv section to a channel that would tune in. The only way I knew at the time was ch up/down :)

HokieEngineer said:
Before everyone goes all "Ooooh thats stealing!!"... I was just trying to get out of the ppv section to a channel that would tune in. The only way I knew at the time was ch up/down :)

Thief! :D ;)

NightRyder

Scott Greczkowski said:
The trick is if your tuned to the channel when it flips from FREE mode to PPV mode your box remains in free mode. If you change the channel after the PPV has started you will not be able to watch for free again. (At least this is how it worked a few times before)

Hmmm..... what about the "no hack talk" rule on this board? :shocked

Scott.... shame on you! :no

Thanks for the tip though! :D

HokieEngineer said:
Woohoo, free hdppv! :)

Of course.. wont for those people buying 6000s on ebay with blue cards :cool: All the HD chans have been converted to nagra2 encryption!!!

Yepper just watch, as the price of a 6000 receiver drops like the hacker's beloved 7100/7200, no more getting $500 for them, I suspect. ;)

Well it only lasted about 7 minutes for me tonight, they must've caught on, and threw on the purchase screen for those that don't have it in their purchase history.

The wife says get me a 921... have ?'s

Printable Channel List?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)