Free HD removed if disenrolled from autopay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephenJC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Cleveland
Hi, I am a new D* customer. I signed up for auto pay, then realized that they were going to withdraw on a date that was not good for me, so I went online and disenrolled in autopay. Will D* now start to charge me $10 for the HD Access, or will I still get if for free since I was in autopay when I signed up for HD Access? Thanks.

If they notice then they will start charging you. You could have just called D and they would have changed the withdrawal date for the automatic payment, they did for me. You just may have yo pay a lil more that first month

The other tip I would add is..........as your CC expires and you get new cards with a new expiration date.....it messes up their system if they hit your card and it doesn't pay due to the expiration date. Directv will promptly send you a paper bill. There is a chance of paying the paper bill, fixing the CC date ...and paying twice...followed by a credit, etc. And your free HD may get dumped.

Watch it!

Joe

Do I need to play CSR shuffle? I called a few days after setting up my account and was told that the auto-pay date is determined by service install date and couldn't be changed...

Autopay is 4 days before your actual due date. I ran into a problem this month because a check took a lot longer than usual to clear my bank account, and my payment was declined. I called up as soon as the check cleared (the next day) and paid it. I specifically asked if this would affect my rebates or free HD, and I was told no, as long as it is paid and autopay reactivated before the due date, the account stays current and nothing changes. If you go past the due date without fixing it, then your account goes delinquent and you lose everything (which is why they give you that 4 day buffer).

Keep in mind that just because you take it off autopay it does not mean your due date changes.

If you are set up for a 2nd year rebate and are late paying your bill during the 1st year, you could lose it.

I know times are hard, but I would suggest just padding your bank account a little to be able to handle the autopay.
You are playing with the potential of losing free HD ($10 x 24 months = $240) and the second year rebate if you have it ($14 x 12 months = $164) for a total of $404
Makes a little sens to me to throw an extra $100 or so in your bank account. (just a thought)

I don't know about you guys, but my billing cycle is always the 26th, and they always charge my credit card on the 26th, even print it on the bill as charged and zero balance due.

Are you guys using credit card autopay and they are charging after the bill cycles, giving you a chance to look it over first, that would be nice.

I don't like the idea that they generate the bill and take my money in one fowl swoop. Seperate it by a couple weeks like every other company in the world.

OK here are the rules.

1. Credit cards ( not to beconfused with debit cards ) They are charged on the day the bill cycles
2. ETF aka Checks - 15 days after bill cycle
3. Debit cards - 15 days after bill cycle

Now on Debit and ETF in our system we can change the date a little but there not supposed to the system will allow debit/etf payments to go from 15 to 20 days after .

1A. You have 30 days to re enroll into auto bill pay from the time of removing it to keep free hd be it the free hd for life or free hd for 24 month promo.

I'm enrolled in auto-pay, but what I do is payed before the due day, a one time deal. It works for me because I get pay the third Wed. of the month.

so what happens if i re enroll when i am ready for the bill to be paid, then disenroll once it has been paid each monthM will I still keep the free HD?

It still does not change the due date of your bill.

Also sounds like a lot more effort then just padding your account with an extra $100 or so.

I thought you could change the date your bill is due. No?

No the bill is always due 20 days after the bill cycle date. The bill cycle date is only changeable by system administrators in our billing system and is only done by request for verizon/qwest/att joint billing. so that our bill cycles on or about the same time as the customers telco bill.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts