Free listening

They are having a free listen event March 13 to 23 for select sports channels. It includes College Sports (91), ESPN Radio (83), ESPN Extra (84), Mad Dog Radio (85), br Radio (S 93/X 208), NFL Radio (88), NHL Radio (218 XM Only), MLB Radio (89 XM Only), Fantasy Sports (87 XM Only), Sports Play by Play (S 92 - 93, 157/X 201 - 204), Nascar Radio (90) and PGA Tour Radio (S 208/X 93). This is according to an email I received.

Reactions: DJdish
Of course my never subscribed radio doesn't get this either. :( Only 182 IIRC.

I´m also getting Canadian channels CBC Radio 3 162 XM (Music, although not my cup of tea) and Canada Talk Radio 167 XM, these channels are not listed in the link above.

Right now I´m enjoying the free listen of Canada Talk Radio, they´re talking about Canadian tax returns.
I don´t believe that will attract me to subscribe again :rolleyes:

I wondered how I was able to receive these sports channels the other day with only basic plus. Nothing too exciting, wished they were also music channels as well but this will have to do.

Every free preview has to include Canadian content unless they exclude Canadian radios. Every "package" offered in Canada has to include Canadian channels, even if it's a free package. Therefore, because it's difficult to exclude only Canadian radios (and because SXM Canada probably wants to use the free previews for marketing too) all radios get Canadian channels.

The next free preview, BTW, is scheduled for May 19 till June 1 and will be kicked off with an exclusive concert by Pitbull to launch his new SXM channel "Globalization" >
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-concert-at-the-apollo-theater-300054251.html

I would assume that the preview might focus on Latino channels, or at least, music channels. But it might just be a standard 60 channel preview with the addition of the Pitbull Globalization channel. Although no channel number is given, I assume the channel will be available on all radios (except older Sirius units) because that's what the news release seems to imply.

Thanks for the heads up.

From that press article, please note:

"(Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening preview channels.)"

For the guys who don´t have access to the free listen, maybe that´s your case ?

From that press article, please note:

"(Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening preview channels.)"

For the guys who don´t have access to the free listen, maybe that´s your case?

Mine is a radio in a 2012 Chrysler 300 which calls itself "SiriusXM". I believe it's only using Sirius tech, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)