Free preview recording

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eddieic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
While the Showtime free preview was going on this weekend, I tried to record a movie with the DVR, but it wouldn't allow it. Is it because I don't have a subscription to Showtime and you can't record during a free preview? I'm hoping that's the case...

If you have an R15, you are not alone. As far as the TiVo DVR you should have been able to record it. The R15 for some reason was not allowing anyone to record anything from the free showtime weekend.

I noticed this as well... I just assumed that Showtime did not want anyone to record movies during the free preview. But after exhausting all options as to why that would make any sense, I called my friend who has comcast, and he was able to record. I then just assumed it was a D* issue. But if it was specific to the R-15, then I guess that's just one more bug for D* to look into.

It was made by a man to begin with! :)

Direct told me the R15 was designed this way! How stupid!!!!!

I found if you reboot it for a short while you can set up recordings on a freeview. After awhile it will not you delete them from the to do list either. I got 3 movies to record by rebooting it. The thing is the guide takes a long time to fill in. Direct continues to shoot themselves in the foot.

Have an older DVR40 ,had no problems. Recorded free showtime movies normally like for anything. What type of message or prompt did you get ? Did it occure when you set it up?
or did set work but just did not record? If the latter is true,check record history,may tell you why it did not.

MarkG said:
Have an older DVR40 ,had no problems. Recorded free showtime movies normally like for anything. What type of message or prompt did you get ? Did it occure when you set it up?
or did set work but just did not record? If the latter is true,check record history,may tell you why it did not.

It wouldn't do anything. When I tried to hit the record button or set a show, it wouldn't do anything. But it worked perfect on channels that are in my subscription.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)