Free Receiver Upgrade Questions ....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fleetmack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
Westminster, CO (North Denver)
I have an H10 and a Samsung SIR-TS360

Bought the Samsung on my own about 2 1/2 years ago for $350
Got the H10 about 8 months ago on the $200 rebate deal

Locals just came to Denver and I got an appointment for the new dish and 1 new receiver ... they said that'd be free ... and they said it'd be $99 if I want both receivers.

Now how can they charge me to replace the receivers if they are disabling my old ones? I've spent so much damn money on equipment with these guys ... the only reason I'm still with them is for the NFL package, which is an absolute necessity in my mind!

Question -- do you think I deserve to get 2 free HD receivers to replace each of my old ones? Also, should I have to sign an agreement to get this stuff? Who should I talk to and what should I say to try to get it for free?

fleetmack said:
Question -- do you think I deserve to get 2 free HD receivers to replace each of my old ones?

In my opinion, I think so, but what I(we) think doesn't mean squat, only D* can answer that, as we have no access to your payment history, credit rating, or heart rating.

fleetmack said:
Also, should I have to sign an agreement to get this stuff?

Again IMO, you shouldn't have to, and I know (and helped) at least one person on here who did a swap and even additions without having to get a new commit, I can provide links upon request.

fleetmack said:
Who should I talk to and what should I say to try to get it for free?

D* Retention: 800-824-9081
Tell them what you want, and be nice, do not demand, they will work with you.

Last edited:
got the 2nd receiver free ... had to agree to a 2 year deal ... which is fine as noplace else has the NFL package ... but if I EVER have to upgrade equipment again to keep getting what I'm currently getting and they make me agree to a 2 year deal, I'm gone.

Live north of Denver. DTV customer for 8 years and excellent credit with them. Current set-up: 4 sd rcvrs (1 TIVO SD RCVR); Total Choice Plus, SD locals HBO & Showtime. I have one HDTV (55inch LCD) in the home.

Retention gave me (2 year committment): AT-9/H-20 (free installation) with free upgrade to HDDVR when it is available this fall, HD Locals, Total Choice Plus, HBO & Showtime, 4 months free HD package all for the same exact monthly cost as I am currently paying. No extra out of pocket expenses unless I opt for the HD package after 4 months ($9.99).

Since it isn't costing me even a penny to upgrade to HD with locals and a free upgrade to the new HDDVR this fall it was a "no brainer".

Last edited:
ok now i'm flat-out 100% angry. this dish is too heavy to mount the way we had it ... live in an apartment and the only way the tech says i can mount the dish is on the roof ... apartment complex does not allow that.

...so basically, unlike last year, now i can't get the NFL games in HD at all any more. this is atrocious, i'm cancelling directv immediately, absurd. why the hell did they switch it so only the new dish can get the NFL games in HD? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Fleetmack, You don't need the new dish for the NFL games. I still have the 3 lnb dish and I have sunday ticket along with Super fan. Same old Dish.

Somebody is on drugs. I live in Berwick, PA. This is my 3rd year with the ticket and Super fan. I get my locals off air. The only reason at this point you would need the new dish is if you want your hd locals provided by DTV. Mpeg 4 is not available to everyone including myself. That is all the new dish is good for HD locals and some RSN's at this present time. When DTV starts to broadcast my locals in HD then i will need the new dish and, they will come and upgrade me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts