Free Showtime Preview this weekend

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Cochise County, Arizona
OK, so apparently the announcement was "all over" this board. I didn't see it, because I only use the Dish Network HDTV & Satellite Broadband Internet forums. Sorry :eek:

What I was getting at and apparently not clear enough was I wondered if the free preview was also going to be available on the Showtinme HD channel? Apparently not. I clicked it several time and got the "You need to call & subscribe" screen. Then I went to the Showtime SD channels in the 300's. Same thing. Finally, all the 'regular' Showtime channel listing disappeared and I got the "Showtime Free Preview on Channels 285-295" screen. Then I got them OK.

Two questions / comments:

1- Seems kind of dumb no free preview on Showtime HD channel. If I were considering subscibing to Showtime, I would want to see what it looked like in HD.

2- The SD channel quality seems to have better video quality than I remember. Anyone else agree? I took the 3 months free movie channels Dec.05 - Feb. 6 as a new subscriber. I rarely watched anything on the SD channels becuase I thought the video quality was so poor. Watching parts of a few movies last night, it seemsed much better than I remembered. Dis E* upgrade something?

I thought the same time at first, but found showtime hd on channel 295. Good thing we have these forums or we both would have missed it.

Tvlman said:
I thought the same time at first, but found showtime hd on channel 295. Good thing we have these forums or we both would have missed it.

And so it is, right there on 295! I was looking fort it in thwe 9400's were all the other HD programming is. Yes! Praise the HD Gods for SatelliteGuys.us!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)