Free Showtime Weekend?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What "cheapens" Showtime's brand is these annoying pop-ups at the bottom of the screen since yesterday periodically telling me how to get $25 Cash Back, and giving me an 800# to call to order Sho during the movies/shows I'm watching. Obviously since I have Dish, and I'm watching Showtime this weekend, I already PAY for Showtime. They really ought to confine the advertising to between the programming, not during it.

What "cheapens" Showtime's brand is these annoying pop-ups at the bottom of the screen since yesterday periodically telling me how to get $25 Cash Back, and giving me an 800# to call to order Sho during the movies/shows I'm watching. Obviously since I have Dish, and I'm watching Showtime this weekend
DISH takes a national distribution feed. SHO assumes the whole pay tv universe is taking their feed in free preview when they put all those cash back offers on the screen and DISH has no way to get rid of those. I think SHO's brand is cheapened by the fact I seem to recall I was offered at one time SHO for a penny a month if I went paperless or enrolled in auto-billing. I did neither because I like having control of my bank account and having written records plus not much I like on SHO other than Californication and Shameless.

I still don't get it -- if Showtime wants to give away its programming for free as a promotion this weekend, why would Dish refuse to participate? Or, if Showtime is having a well-advertised free weekend across the country to promote its channel and get new subscribers, why would they exclude Dish customers?

it appears the premieres of the new shows from Sunday night can be watched for free for a limited time so you may want to go to sho.com to check them out since DISH didn't have them in the free preview.

What I don't get is the idea that paperless billing means "no written records" when you can save all your pdf bills and print them off if you need a paper record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts