Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Here are a couple of toys for the back yard. Worth driving for! Pity that my crane and semi are in the shop! LOL!!!
FREE Huge Satellite Dishes (Located in Davis)

Simulsat Technical Manuals

Dishes007.jpg

how . . big . . is . . it . . ?

The guys here talk about using boat-seat swivels for making a dish skew.
Take a look at the skew ring on the back of that big sucker! - :eek:
Some of us would be happy with a dish that big! - :D

now see that is something to brag about

Yes. You got those smaller mutisat dishes with mutiple lnbs. Well mine is so big that I don't have to worry about anything. Sun spots, nuclear war, nothing. Always give 110% signal.

So how many LNB's you guys think that one dish holds?

Later,

Josh

This reminds me of a dish I saw. Not the muti lnb one but the other one in a back yard. It was a big stationary monster. I finally after all the years got a decent digital camera. Went to go take a picture of the dish/house. It was gone. They tore it down. It was monther of a dish. Like something you see at the cable company in this persons back yard. I remeber as a little kid when they built the 2 or 3 story house and put the dish in. Never got around to just knocking on the door to ask about the dish. Since it was so big. Mutiple legs to the ground. Figured maybe the guy use to work for a tv or cable company or something. Seems that was the thing to do back in the 80's for sat. Find some dish cheap and put it in yourself. I talked to a few that in the late 60's early 70's or so would build there own dish and even receiver. Wow what a trip.

Let's see if I knocked down the neighbors houses and used there land I might be able to do it :D Nice professional toys :)

So how many LNB's you guys think that one dish holds?

There's my thoughts - yeah, given a chance at one of those monsters I might seriously consider sitting it in the middle of the back yard, but seeing as how that will probably never happen, I would REALLY be interested in nabbing the commercial grade LNBs on those bad boys...

Spherical dish...those are neat. Only a portion of the dish is used for a particular satellite. I think they would cover about 60 or 70 degrees worth of sky...

Scott,

The shipping calculator ran out of zeros!!!!

Actually, the shipping cost wouldn't be very high. Just the cost of a flat bed semi with blocks, straps and a tarp.

The crane rental, disassembly and reassembly teams, or air fare for you and your helper (wife... ;) ) would be expensive!

Brian, how much postage you think it would take to ship that thing to Connecticut? :D

I would LOVE one of those. :)

From the looks of it, the big dish breaks down into three pieces.
One piece per trip... :D

Then, I don't know how many more for the LNB holder, and support structure... :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)