Frequency Translation Module (one wire solution?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also being a tec, i would like to see D* go the way of bandstacking for non commercial.it would make them DVR installs much easier and would be at less of a cost to the tec, having to run that second line for free was not free to the tec(cost of material). Yes, there will not be a 1 billion dollar charge to run that second line for your tivo if a wall fish is required. They can use the existing line (as long as it is good rg6):D

Last edited:
stevo/65 said:
Using twice the compression, Bandwidth is an issue with the satellite industry, having to provide every locall channel when available. From my understanding. I hope with D* mpeg 4 move is not just to provide all markets going HD as well as SD. That is alot of bandwidth to cover all markets both SD and HD. I give D* credit for finally going that route. Also D* coming out with the first HDVR? That is new to me, Knowing D* And E** usualy E* is first, and as far coming out with advance equipment. And yes right now they have more HD channels and right now they have the DPplus that allows for bandstacking only using one line.:D

Yeah, the Dish 921 was put out before the HDtivo. Of course it was short lived. Seems like Dish puts out far too much equipment that doesnt work properly. I was thinking only of the 942 which actually worked but last what? less than a year? :rolleyes: I agree using one line would be nice, but the jury is out as to whether or not mpeg4 is going to look better than mpeg2 can look. God knows what bandwidth D* will give it, and mpeg4 does compress the video far more than mpeg2 does. Therefore cheating the bandwidth that it needs will yield much greater video problems.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts