Frequent Recent Outages

MartyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Elwood, IN
Hi all. Recently, we have been experiencing more frequently than ever before, service outages. Yesterday morning, it wasn't all of the channels, but all of the locals plus a few others. Last night, everything went out. Now, granted, it was getting ready to rain yesterday morning, and it was storming last night, however, last summer we did not have any problems whatsoever. These are just 2 instances of a number of outages over the past couple of months. They are usually fairly short periods of time, but, it is frustrating, none the less. Is it possible that the dish needs to be re-pointed? If so, will they charge us to send someone out to do it? Is it something that I could possibly accomplish on my own? Thanks in advance for any advice!

It could be that your dish needs to be peaked. What signal strengths are you getting. Do you have summer foliage?

My dad lives in Palm Springs. It was 122 when I was there last weak. The wood where his Dish was mounted was causing was expanding and contracting and causing his 110 signal to drop out. I put a brace between the two beams to stabalize it and his signal strngth jumped about 40 points.

As for charging.... probably since you have had service for more than 90 days. You can probably do it yourself.

S~

Last edited:
MartyB said:
Hi all. Recently, we have been experiencing more frequently than ever before, service outages. Yesterday morning, it wasn't all of the channels, but all of the locals plus a few others. Last night, everything went out. Now, granted, it was getting ready to rain yesterday morning, and it was storming last night, however, last summer we did not have any problems whatsoever. These are just 2 instances of a number of outages over the past couple of months. They are usually fairly short periods of time, but, it is frustrating, none the less. Is it possible that the dish needs to be re-pointed? If so, will they charge us to send someone out to do it? Is it something that I could possibly accomplish on my own? Thanks in advance for any advice!

I am not sure if this advice will do you any good, but I have been experiencing intermittent outages for about 2 months now. After going through many calls to tech support and exchanging the converter, I was just told today that these losses are due to the sun bearing down on the dish, and that nothing could be done about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts