Frequently Getting 775?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PinkDog66

Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland
Very odd problem, but I keep getting a 775 on one of my receivers. My setup is the following:

(1) HR24
(1) THR22/Tivo
(2) H24s (bedroom and basement, for reference)

When my basement H24 is powered off, the bedroom H24 works perfectly fine. However, once both H24s are on, the one in the bedroom will throw a 775 at me. The bedroom receiver is the only one that will give a 775 - the other receivers are normal.

I've unplugged the swm, rebooted all receivers, etc. and I am still not having any luck. I've also made sure that the tuners are "balanced" on the swm. I believe I have an 8 tuner swm, so I don't think the size is an issue. If it makes a difference, I have a slingbox connected to the basement H24 as well.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA!

:welcome to Satelliteguys PinkDog66!

Have you tried switching the two H24s to see if the problem follows the box or stays at the same location?

:welcome to Satelliteguys PinkDog66!

Have you tried switching the two H24s to see if the problem follows the box or stays at the same location?
Thank you!

I have. I've swapped the H24s around and I still experience the same problem in the upstairs bedroom.

(I wrote the original post half asleep. I actually have 3 H24s - upstairs bed, master bedroom, and then basement)

At one point, I ended up replacing one of the receivers (for a non-related issue) and I'm still having a problem

Do you have an external SWM 8 module( four cables from the dish to the SWM 8) or do you have a single cable coming from the dish? Where is or are the splitter(s) and have you tried swapping the cables at the splitter? Obviously, if you move the receivers and the problem stays in that location, there is a problem with the wiring to that location.

I would get a new swm LNB. Maybe look into getting a reverse band that does 13 tuners

How many total tuners?

But what you are describing is an unbalanced swm system or a receiver that cannot find enough available channels on the swm

775 is a SWM communication error. With your receiver list, you should not have a tuner count issue, however SWM communcations happen at 2.3 mhz, and errors can be caused by signal drops or reflections. These could be caused by a bad F termination on the wallplate rg6 jumper, or behind the wall plate, or at the splitter. The RG6 Dielectric (white stuff) should be flush with the bottom of the F fitting, not recessed or protruding.
f-connector-front.jpg

It could also be a bad SWM splitter try a different port on the splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)