Friend brings HR20 with him to cabin and has tunner issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Helping a buddy out. He and technology don't get along.

He has 1 HR20 connected to a Slimline 5 dish with dual lines. He lives by himself so this suits him just fine however, recently he built a cabin on his land up North. He installed a Slimline 5 dish at the cabin but only ran one coax line.

He brings his IRD with him when he goes and it has always worked without a hitch until recently. He went up this weekend and no signal. He had line 1 connected like always. He plugged it into runner 2 and he had picture but no guide data.

He came home tonight and hooked up both turner to find no picture. He had to repeat guided setup to make everything work like normal again at home.

Any thoughts? I suggested getting 2 SWM LNB's (one for each dish) but that would run $100+. I also suggested running a second line at the cabin but huge pain in the butt to fish wire. And lastly suggested doing a guided setup whenever moving the receiver but he doesn't want to deal with that.

So I'm turning to my friends here for other ideas/solutions. I sure hope we can help. Thanks in advance as always.

Sooo many possible variables; anything would be a guess. Best advise is to get a secondary setup to LEAVE at the cabin. Constant moving, disconnecting and reconnecting is asking for failures and mistakes. Won't cost that much and will save on headaches and heartaches.

have you gotten the best solutions?
smile.gif

Well I guess the IRD is on the fritz. He said it went off at 10:00 last night so he unplugged it all day today. Then he plugged it in when he got home from work and the blue light came on but nothing on the TV. He went to mow the lawn and came in to find it recording Mad Money and it working.

Im thinking that the IRD is going. He said he is going to leavce it as is for right now but, will call them if it continues to have issues.

Doesn't make any sense to me why it would fine all these years then now just start having issues with him transporting it.

Well I guess the IRD is on the fritz. He said it went off at 10:00 last night so he unplugged it all day today. Then he plugged it in when he got home from work and the blue light came on but nothing on the TV. He went to mow the lawn and came in to find it recording Mad Money and it working.

Im thinking that the IRD is going. He said he is going to leavce it as is for right now but, will call them if it continues to have issues.

Doesn't make any sense to me why it would fine all these years then now just start having issues with him transporting it.

If he does end up calling in he better not mention that the IRD was moved. I've heard horror stories about this.

Did he remember to bring the BBC to the cabin?

I seems he has the non-SWM setup in both locations.
And he needs to re-run satellite setup with each move since one location has two lines from the dish and the other only has one.

Did he remember to bring the BBC to the cabin?

I seems he has the non-SWM setup in both locations.
And he needs to re-run satellite setup with each move since one location has two lines from the dish and the other only has one.

Yea, I gave him a BBC to keep up there (from when I had a non SWM setup at my house).

(Integrated Receiver Decoder)
The IRD is the official name for the satellite receiver, which has a built-in decoder for unscrambling subscription channels.

The IRD started requiring a guided setup everyday so he called DirecTV and they shipped him a new one free of charge.

Not to bad. He got lucky.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts