From DN to Voom worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

notfromhere

Original poster
May 1, 2004
This is my first Post. HI to everyone! I have a standard Dish Network system. i just purchased a new Sony KP-51ws510 would it be worth waiting on Dish Network for HD channels or purchase a Voom system. Thanks :D

Welcome to the forum. Right now, Voom has more HD content than any other provider. If you want that type of viewing, then get Voom. You might as well try it out and see for yourself. There are good deals on installation with no up-front costs, so there's not much to lose. There is no long-term commitment, and no contract, so I'd say sign up, get it, and let us know how you like it.

The people who frequent the Voom General Forum will help you overcome most obstacles, and SOMEBODY will know the answer to almost any question. You can get answers here instead of calling a CSR.

I agree try it out. The $0 upfront and no commitment is a no brainer. If you don't like return the equipment and you lost nothing and then try dish. I am not well versed on Dish promotions but for a similar deal I think dish requires some type of commitment (not sure).

As Stone Man says, welcome to the forum.

HD content is what V* is all about. I'm not speaking for others, but to me the VaVaVoom package was what swayed me to signing up and dumping D* in my case. That package has all the content I could want for a monthly fee just $5 a month more than my D* bill (sans the STB rental) and multiple the times of HD content.

The no money down, free install and no commitment is pretty much a no-brainer to not at least give them a try and find out first hand what you think. You'll have lost nothing other than the time for the install of the system.

I bought the 57 inch version of that TV last Fall, and I thought I could just wait Dish Network out, or at the very worst I could wait my local cable company out. Well, 9 months later, and neither company has been able to give me a decent answer concerning HD. I haven't used my HDTV besides for playing DVD's and video games. I hardly watch any TV on it.

Long story short, VOOM is being put in on Friday and Dish Network is getting cancelled. I'm sick of Charlie's run around and the HD Leader BS he trys to tell everyone. With the deal VOOM is giving you right now, it hardly makes sense not to try it.

It depends. If you feel your RSNs are VERY important, or you REALLY enjoy PPV, or REALLY like some channels Voom doesn't offer, then Voom will frustrate you. But it feels wrong to waste your HDTV by not getting the most HD, so choose Voom.

More Bang for your buck?

It all comes down to what you like to watch and HOW you like to watch it. If you own
a widescreen HD monitor and want to maximize its capabilities, Voom will give you more bang for your buck. A few things to consider: will you be able to receive acceptable OTA signal of your local broadcast networks, can you survive not having a dozen shopping channels and almost as many information channels, and finally, does
Voom offer enough of your "Favorite" channels?