From E* to D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If the programming prices are apples to apples, then the voucher would be the difference. As it is, DIRECTV programming, on average, costs more. This may eat into your benefit.
I don't agree with that. I used to think E* was cheaper,Boy was I wrong! Any time you make a programming change with E* Downgrading or switching packs ,Theres always a fee. Directv doesn't charge for these services,unless you downgrade a package within 30 days of adding it. Plus with D* you can do ALL of this online without talking to CSR. With E* you get charged to do just about everything,and you have to spend time on the phone with a CSR from another country. happy picking.D* tv is the way to go. Call me a D* fan boy all yous want ,But it only took a month and a half,to get tired of E*'s Crap. As soon as D* HD is in full force,E* can come take their 2 dishes that are cluttering up my deck.By the way since they have switched to the MPEG 4,I think the picture quality went down hill. Doesn't compair to Directvs MPEG4 ,NO WAY!!

I used to think E* was cheaper,Boy was I wrong!
In comparing the recent quarterly figures from D* and E*, D*'s average ARPU is about $10.37 more than E*'s.

It is because E* isn't cheaper for everyone that I recommend doing a complete cost comparison.

I'll second that.

I also like the native mode on the HR-20.Just to add.

I like the native mode as well, it's a plus for the HR20. To me, DLB is definetly not overrated and a must for a DVR, especially for a sports fan. I just don't get why D* with all their emphasis on sports would neglect this.

I hate to be stupid about all of this, but what do you all mean when you talk about "native mode."?

The D* STB will automatically change it's output to match the resolution of the channel you're tuned to. Example, you're on ESPN, which is 720p, you switch to HBO, which is 1080i, the HR20 or H20 will change it's output from 720p to 1080i, the native resolution of the channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts