Frontier & EchoStar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
here is what is says.

Another regional phone company has inked a satellite TV marketing deal with a major DBS
provider. Frontier Communications, which delivers local phone service in Rochester, N.Y.
and other mid-sized and smaller metro areas, announced a "strategic alliance" with
EchoStar Communications Wed. to promote EchoStar's Dish Network package in the telco's
phone territories.

Frontier thus becomes at least the eighth U.S. phone company to sign a marketing deal with
either EchoStar or DirecTV in the past 14 months. Like the four Baby Bells, Sprint and
two other mid-sized phone companies, Frontier intends to bundle its new satellite TV
service with its existing phone and high-speed data services.

I am an employee of Frontier...if anyone has any questions in regards to this id be happy to answer anything....

(as a side note: the name for the package "Froniter Connections" came from me. The marketing department really liked it and decided it sums up what we are doing (connecting the customer to phone internet and tv), and gave me a year free of DISH network....pretty nice, as im already a Dish customer)

the packages are actually very competitively priced.

anyway, thats my 2 cents.

breathe said:
I am an employee of Frontier...if anyone has any questions in regards to this id be happy to answer anything....

(as a side note: the name for the package "Froniter Connections" came from me. The marketing department really liked it and decided it sums up what we are doing (connecting the customer to phone internet and tv), and gave me a year free of DISH network....pretty nice, as im already a Dish customer)

breathe, I am afraid you will have a hard sell to baseball fans as E* does not carry Yankees, or Mets in your area. Maybe your company has some pull and get E* to change their ways. E* customers in Rochester, Syracuse and Finger Lakes get no RSN baseball from DISH.

Marty43 said:
breathe, I am afraid you will have a hard sell to baseball fans as E* does not carry Yankees, or Mets in your area. Maybe your company has some pull and get E* to change their ways. E* customers in Rochester, Syracuse and Finger Lakes get no RSN baseball from DISH.

yea, ive noticed its hard to sell on the sports....i was noticing at the buisness partners website that dish has a sports package for 5.99/mo that gives all 22 regional sports networks, couldnt that give them??

breathe said:
yea, ive noticed its hard to sell on the sports....i was noticing at the buisness partners website that dish has a sports package for 5.99/mo that gives all 22 regional sports networks, couldnt that give them??
Almost all pro sports on that package are blacked out unless you are in home market for that team. E* provides FOX PITTSBURG as your areas RSN. They carry PIrates, but Rochester is blacked out because you are not in Pirates home market. Rochester is home market for METS and Yankees, but E* has no contract with YES (Yankees) and has no contract with MSG and FSNY for baseball in much of upstate NY. Customers can get Major league baseball Extra Innings for "out of market games", but Yanks and Mets are blacked out for us on EI. EI cost $169 for season. Mets are available on weekends on WPIX superstation a WB affilate(another pkg. you pay extra for). That may or maynot be available in Rochester if you have a local WB affiliate.

We who live in Rochester, Finger Lakes, Syracuse and Adirondacks are caught in "void" with no baseball available thru any RSN. Buffalo I believe does get Pirates as they are considered in market for Pirates.

breathe said:

Are you the same whiz that came up with "Frontier Choices"?
Where's the CHOICE? You're forced to have all sorts of usesless features such as caller id, call waiting, voice mail, etc.... pay BIG $$$$$$$$$$$ to save a couple bucks on DSL. You don't save any money, you actually pay more. If you really want to save money, you order basic phone service and DSL seperate instead of the worthless bundled phone package. I'll bet the Dish/Frontier deal is the same.

Frank Solich said:
Are you the same whiz that came up with "Frontier Choices"?
Where's the CHOICE? You're forced to have all sorts of usesless features such as caller id, call waiting, voice mail, etc.... pay BIG $$$$$$$$$$$ to save a couple bucks on DSL. You don't save any money, you actually pay more. If you really want to save money, you order basic phone service and DSL seperate instead of the worthless bundled phone package. I'll bet the Dish/Frontier deal is the same.
No, that package existed before I started working here....

anyway, you just have to keep an eye on the ads. Back in December there was a 29.99/mo for 1 year on ala-carte dsl, in elk grove (sacramento), ca they've offered 24.95 for ala-carte for an entire year. The promos change almost monthly. I understand if you dont want the features, and i have been trying to push for more ala-carte dsl promos, but who knows...

breathe said:
..........anyway, you just have to keep an eye on the ads.
Ya I have been. For over two years they've teased me with their DSL offers even though they don't have the proper equipment to make it available in my area. The last time I tried to order DSL thru Frontier I called and verified three different times to make sure that it was available only to have them not show up on installation day. Just recently they installed some new equipment on the corner of my property with a sign that said "DSL now available". I called again and was told that it should be up an running within 2 days. That was over 3 weeks ago.
It seems Frontier and Dish Network have something in common .......... they both like to tout things that they can't give you. :down

new_to_hdtv said:
Ya I have been. For over two years they've teased me with their DSL offers even thought they don't have the proper equipment to make it available in my area. The last time I tried to order DSL thru Frontier I called and verified three different times to make sure that it was available only to have them not show up on installation day. Just recently they installed some new equipment on the corner of my property with a sign that said "DSL now available". I called again and was told that it should be up an running within 2 days. That was over 3 weeks ago.
It seems Frontier and Dish Network have something in common .......... they both like to tout things that they can't give you. :down
as far as the dsl equiptment....they have to do testing before they release it....they dont want to release something to find out it doesnt work....

Marty43 said:
Almost all pro sports on that package are blacked out unless you are in home market for that team. E* provides FOX PITTSBURG as your areas RSN. They carry PIrates, but Rochester is blacked out because you are not in Pirates home market. Rochester is home market for METS and Yankees, but E* has no contract with YES (Yankees) and has no contract with MSG and FSNY for baseball in much of upstate NY. Customers can get Major league baseball Extra Innings for "out of market games", but Yanks and Mets are blacked out for us on EI. EI cost $169 for season. Mets are available on weekends on WPIX superstation a WB affilate(another pkg. you pay extra for). That may or maynot be available in Rochester if you have a local WB affiliate.

We who live in Rochester, Finger Lakes, Syracuse and Adirondacks are caught in "void" with no baseball available thru any RSN. Buffalo I believe does get Pirates as they are considered in market for Pirates.

Marty,

If you get the Regional Sports package with all of the regional sport channels then you will get any and all games you qualify for as in market so that will and does include the METS, and Yanks but since Dish doesn't have the YES regional sports net you can't get the Yankees even if you get the MLB package as only games are OUT of Market are included in the MLB package.

Short answer, the regional sports package of all channels WILL GIVE you METS games, and I do think it sucks that Dish decided to give all of Western NY FoxSports Pittsburgh instead of another NEW YORK regional sports net especially when and if the NHL is back as the Sabres, the bread and butter of Empire Sports will be on MSG.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts