Frustrated Houston, TX Users

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stacon

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Ok...I'm a Newbie and don't get ANY of the lingo of box locking and manual scanning and OTA and hits......I dont know what a reboot is or how to do it. All I know is I got an install about 6 or 7 weeks ago and I STILL don't have any local channels. Installer came out and said antenna wasn't big enough so got approval for an upgrade...took forever to get 2nd appt installer back out here (but was actually a blessing because he showed me 1st installer had never hooked up the HD part of my TV so we weren't getting full benefit) anyway...new improved antennae goes up and still no channels...he go a few to blink in for a few seconds but then out again....siad I could spend some bucks and get boosters, etc. However, I am so frustrated that we rarely have service due to boxes that never seem to work (and I guess I don't get what locking up means nor what to do about it) and I can never get voom on the line)
I called TIme Warner back today to see about possibly going back to them since Voom says it will be 7/12 before they can come out again to look at the antenna for the locals....

stacon,

welcome.

I could not tell for sure from your post but you get your satellite channels ok, is that correct?

For your locals, you need to do a few things before we can help you.

1- Go to www.antennaweb.org, put your information and then check on digital only. You will get a table of digital local channels that either live or not. Useful information from table will be miles of each UHF/VHF digital channel from your location. Also, the direction where your antenna should be pointing. There's a map that you can print.

Come back to us and post here this information. Also, take a look at your service order and find out what type of antenna you were upgraded with. Are you using a diplexer? (that is do you have two coax lines into the house or just one).

That's enough for now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts