Frying a friends TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan92

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2003
Statesboro, Ga
Ok, I think this will be the first time this has been asked. ;)

A friends wife told him that he could get a new TV when the other one died. He has informed me that its time for it to die. He asked if I could find a way to fry it without her knowing. This TV is ancient so its not like it cost a couple thousand dollars. He has slowly acquired a pretty good A/V receiver and decent speakers and just cant get his kitchen pass to get another TV.

I had to go over to his house the other day and rewire after his VCR tore up. Yep, he had his DVD going through the VCR because he only has one coax into the TV. :no

I added a video selector and he said this was the last straw. Anyway, sorry for the history...any ideas??

BTW if this violates any rules of this forum please feel free to delete it or let me know and I will.

Tell him to grow a set and tell his wife he is going to buy a Tv :D

Other then that drop it, dumb a crap load of water on it, hit it with a sledge hammer. Although all three of those could electrocute you if the tv is plugged in.

If anyone is injured using any of the above ideas I am not responsible.

Anonymous post by person scared of his own wife:

I tried to lift mine with a dolley/hand cart, as soon as i pulled the cart back to lift it up, it cracked a circuit board. I hate it when that happens.... bummer!! This was a CRT set, but it was heavy enough to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)