FSC HD available on Dish Network february 10th

Scott,

I just went to the same page and Did not get the same page results. It now states FSC HD MAY be available soon. Gotta love the word "SOON"

start-v2.asp

John

Yep. I saw the same thing. FSC+ and in HD becoming available on March 1st as well. Not to say it will be on Dish Network.

Yup they changed it since DISH did not announce the channel yet. But if you notice DISH is the only provider where you enter info and there is no option to request the channel from the provider. :)

Yup they changed it since DISH did not announce the channel yet. But if you notice DISH is the only provider where you enter info and there is no option to request the channel from the provider. :)

For the DISH provider it now says:

Fox Soccer Channel May Be Available Soon

Oh No, that might mean next year! :rant:

For all the other providers it says:

Did You Know That Fox Soccer Channel Will Launch Early In 2010?

From what I hear it will be a subscription channel anyways. But its good for those that love Soccer. :)

FSCHD will be subscription? What about FSC Plus? I figured + will be sub and FSCHD will just be included in the normal package. That would be some BS if both were premium.

From what I hear it will be a subscription channel anyways. But its good for those that love Soccer. :)

Scott, I think you meant FSC+.

FSC-HD should keep the place of the current FSC.

FSC+ is rumored to be possibly; A)premium (pay extra), B)put into the sports package (pay extra), or even C)put in a regular programming tier (free, but more eyes, so more money for provider), so that is still TBD, by the agreements hammered out with each provider.

Last edited:
I dont think FSC HD will be a subscription channel,its gonna be in AT250 pack,like it is now,but for new FSC+ channel launching in march we gonna have to pay...:) its only my opinion...:D

I dont think FSC HD will be a subscription channel,its gonna be in AT250 pack,like it is now,but for new FSC+ channel launching in march we gonna have to pay...:) its only my opinion...:D
Actually you might be correct, I get confused by all this Fox Sports stuff. :D

The uplinked FSC-HD channel maps down to Channel 149.

So, it is an HD simulcast of FSC, just like ESPN2-HD is an HD simulacast of ESPN2, and will undoubtedly be automatically available to all Dish subscribers who already have both FSC and the HD package.

FSC and FSC-HD are currently existing channels.

Fox Soccer Plus is - quoting from the press release - a Premium HD channel with exclusive content which starts March 1st. (Since that is exactly the same time that Setanta stops operating, it seems likely that FS Plus will be similar content to Setanta, except in HD)

Some Internet speculation is that FS Plus will end up in "Sports Packages" rather than as an a la carte channel, because that can be more profitable for Fox. However, it is unclear whether that speculation includes all the relevant factors.

There is no word yet on which providers will carry Fox Soccer Plus...

Some Internet speculation is that FS Plus will end up in "Sports Packages" rather than as an a la carte channel, because that can be more profitable for Fox. However, it is unclear whether that speculation includes all the relevant factors.

That's an interesting thought. On one hand you'd have to imagine Fox would get a lot more money per sub if they used the Setanta model (Providers charge $14.95/month). On the other hand if they were put into the sports pack (Dish charges $5.99/month) they would probably get less per sub but end up with a lot more subs.

That's an interesting thought. On one hand you'd have to imagine Fox would get a lot more money per sub if they used the Setanta model (Providers charge $14.95/month). On the other hand if they were put into the sports pack (Dish charges $5.99/month) they would probably get less per sub but end up with a lot more subs.

If Charlie puts FSC+ in the sports pack, I would be sorely tempted to get it!

Otherwise, no way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)