Fsn-hd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tim552

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
With all the rumors floating about potential additions to Dish's HD lineup, have any of you heard FSN-HD mentioned as a possibility?

fsn-hd's are not physical channels that need to be carried full time. They exist as feeds and dish has already been carrying some of them for use in their MLB/NHL/and NBA packages. however since they only put the feed on their HD PPV channel they don't have it coded so that those in the market of which the feed is being used can view it, only out of market subs that have those sports packages see the games.

BFG said:
fsn-hd's are not physical channels that need to be carried full time. They exist as feeds and dish has already been carrying some of them for use in their MLB/NHL/and NBA packages. however since they only put the feed on their HD PPV channel they don't have it coded so that those in the market of which the feed is being used can view it, only out of market subs that have those sports packages see the games.

Which would be the total opposite of DirecTV where (for the NBA) the only people that can view the FSN HD feeds are in-market subscribers.

Well I should actually correct myself for being to general, because I don't think I've seen any FSN nba games on Dish. So there must be permission for them to offer HD in the contracts, even though I thought dish has shown NBA LP games in HD before (aside from the NBA-TV games that were shown before and not this season :()

What's up with the NBA channel this year? According to the NBATV website tonights Washington/Chicago game is being broadcast on the HD Channel, but it's not list in the EPG :mad:

What's even worse is I've seen more HD College games on ESPN than NBA games.

Anyone seeing any NHL games in HD. I know HDNet is showing a game or two a week, but it would be nice if there were more through Center Ice.

I have to wait until Friday for my 942 to check it myself. So now it's just torture waiting and hoping....

GeorgeLV said:
Which would be the total opposite of DirecTV where (for the NBA) the only people that can view the FSN HD feeds are in-market subscribers.
Are you saying DirecTV shows HD versions of FSN games when available to in-market subscribers? This is the first time I have heard that. I thought these feeds were cable co. exclusive in the local markets in which they originate. In fact, I've always felt the cable co.'s strangelhold on these HD feeds was non-competitive, unfair to consumers, and worthy of anti-trust scrutiny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)