FSN North and FSN Wisconsin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milwaukee12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Why is it that D* can provide the locals for us in Milwaukeem but can't provide the full time network FSN Wisconsin? I really could care less about the Twins or Timberwolves. It seems to me that they can just leave the dman channel on.

No...

He is speaking of the fact FSN Wisconsin is not on full-time, only during Brewers, Bucks, or Badger sporting events. WI viewers miss out on content meant for them such as high school sports and team and coaches shows. WI viewers get the Minnesota feed of FSN North instead and receive all Minnesota programming with the exception of the Twins and Wolves. I am not sure why neither sat company can provide this, as the cable companies can.

all they did was change the name from FSN-North (Wisconsin feed) to FSN Wisconsin. They did it last year in Texas when FSN SW "split" to FSN Houston.

Right now Dish/Direct oinly has the feed for games

Houston is just an evening/weekend channel and the rest is FSN Southwest. Wisconsin used to be a subfeed of FSN North. As of April 1st, FSN Wisconsin is independant and will be run out of Milwaukee instead of Minneapolis. It is the nineteenth regional FSN. I hope Directv shows this 24 hours because we are already missing out on some programming.

Yes If I am paying the same as some one in Minnesota for D* then I should get the full complement of FsWisconsin. and not just suffer through all the Minnesota stuff. The Vikings are not my team, the Packers are. Let me see the Wisconsin feed all the time.

So FSN (Minnesota) switches to Brewers games in Milwaukee?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum & satellite as well. I'd really appreciate any input I can get here as I've got a confusing situation. I just moved into a new apartment, and the building is wired for cable/satellite. For a low monthly rate I get roughly 70 channels (including 4 HBO's, NFL network, & FSN among others...).

I assume this must be some sort of satellite since we get NFL network and Time Warner doesn't offer this. I do not need a convert box to view these channels, simply plug a coaxial cable into the wall.

I get advertisements for Timberwolves games on FSN all the time. The other night they had on Vikings Weekly. Both things I don't recall seeing when watching FSN on Time Warner Cable. Now anytime there is a Brewers game set to be aired I am getting those games blacked out -- as if I am not in the Milwaukee market.

Do satellite customers have to tune into a different channel (other than the normal FSN north) to view Brewers games?

I realize this is a confusing situation as I'm not even sure if we receive Dish Network or Direct Tv. If it helps, I live in the Hubbard St. Lofts and you can find a guide for our programming here: http://tv.yahoo.com/listings (enter 53212 as zip code, select cable, Correct Cable Hubbard Street Lofts... sorry I couldn't find a direct link)

I have DirecTV and the way they handle Wisconsin and Minnesota is this. They use the Minnesota feed for both states, which is on channel 641 and is full time. People that are eligible for Wisconsin sports will tune to the alternate channel on 642 for only the games. 642 is only used to Wisconsin team games and is black when there are no games.

Now if you are in Wisconsin and getting Minnesota teams then this is probably what is happening. Whoever owns your apartment complex is somehow using an address for his account which blacks you out of Wisconsin games, probably a zip code that makes him eligible for Minnesota teams.

That is probably the case if you are getting the Timberwolves and Twins instead of the Bucks and Brewers. The Wild are available in both states.

Time Warner in Wisconsin does use an actual Wisonsin feed of FSN. Why DirecTV doesn't is beyond me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts