FSN Pittsburgh and Penguins

glen242

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Now I know this is not a E* problem but I will post here along with posting on the FSN, Pittsburgh Penguins, NHL, and anyone else I can think of.

Friday night game was supposed to be in HD on 5428. When it didn,t appear, I called E*. CSR said it should be on. After checking, she came back and said there was no HD feed from FSN Pittsburgh.

Called FSN Pittsburgh. Only number I could find was the offices. No one there. Left message on someones voice mail. She did say that the Pirate game would not be broadcast and the Penguin game would NOT be broadcast in HD. Said I would get a call back.

My opinion of FSN Pittsburgh, or maybe the whole FSN organization is, they are are a bunch of lying cheap skates! They promise HD content but only supply it when they want to. FSN is also responsible for the on air TV broadcast team. Hall of Fame announcer, Mike Lang, was not retained for the TV broadcasts - he wanted too much money. I am stuck listening to a "malignant dwarf" and his X-NHL buddy who talks to much. Would listen to Lang on the radio, but I can not get even a 1/2 ass sync between the tv and the radio broadcast.

I purchased my HD setup so I could watch Penguin hockey in HD, wife watches the other stuff. It was implied that all FSN Pittsburgh Penguin games would be in HD. We now have MOST of the home games in HD, but not the away games, even from cities that I know FSN is feeding the locals HD. I will believe this is an economic measure, until someone proves me wrong.

Again, this is not E*s fault, but it is the channel they carry and I pay for.

Yea, I couldn't believe FSN didn't broadcast that game in HD either.

What a total joke.

On the other hand, how bout the ass whooping the Pens have been laying on the Sens??

My opinion of FSN Pittsburgh, or maybe the whole FSN organization is, they are are a bunch of lying cheap skates! They promise HD content but only supply it when they want to. FSN is also responsible for the on air TV broadcast team. Hall of Fame announcer, Mike Lang, was not retained for the TV broadcasts - he wanted too much money. I am stuck listening to a "malignant dwarf" and his X-NHL buddy who talks to much. Would listen to Lang on the radio, but I can not get even a 1/2 ass sync between the tv and the radio broadcast.

FSN Pittsburgh has been HD heaven for NHL hockey compared to FSN in L.A. The total number of games in HD for the Ducks and Kings combined could be counted on 2 hands. The first one in HD came in the second month of the season in November and featured the Kings vs. the Ducks. Guess they figured they would get the best bang for their buck that way. Maybe they even counted it as 2 HD games broadcast...

Sorry to hear about Mike Lang. He is one of the best play by play guys on U.S TV...

Hey! I LOVE Bob and "Stiegy".... Really! <grin>

The Pens COULD be 0-3, so I'm happy right now. The HD is good when it's on, but I sure don't understand why ALL the games are not carried in HD. Oh well,

"Go Pens"!

Hall of Fame announcer, Mike Lang, was not retained for the TV broadcasts - he wanted too much money. I am stuck listening to a "malignant dwarf" and his X-NHL buddy who talks to much. Would listen to Lang on the radio, but I can not get even a 1/2 ass sync between the tv and the radio broadcast.

You should try a Delay Play Radio from d e l a y p l a y dot c o m. I bought one so I could listen to the radio during Steeler games.

It's actually not a radio, but a piece of equipment that goes between a radio tuner and an amplifier and buffers the signal so that you can adjust the delay to match the TV signal.

It works really well. I think it gives up to 16 seconds of delay and mine has lasted for over 2 years so far without any problems. Best of all, it's a PA company. I guess it must be the heritage of great sports radio personalities in the area.

Regards,
Matt

Last edited:
This is what I was told a while back by a buddy of mine that works in master control for directv, so take it with a grain of salt. He told me that Fox in general (which includes Fox network and all Fox produced RSN's) can only do 11 or 12 different HD games at once. It is supposedly the max that their HD studio (or satellite or ?????) can handle. I heard this is supposed to change soon, but time will tell. He said they evaluate which games are most important. As much as I love watching the pens, I hate to say that this series is probably getting very little viewing as it isn't close and would tend to only draw more in Canada, and at that probably the least of all Canadian teams in the playoffs.

That said, I can't wait till the day when all the playoffs are in HD!!

GO DUCKS!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)