FSS Stacked LNB Superdish type 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
105°

Picture below of SuperDish type 1 for the 105° market (long obsolete), with the metal dish.
Note it had a small round feedhorn.
They presumably operate on circular or linear, depending on which way you rotate the fingers.
The feed twists 45° and clicks into place.

Apparently there were two kinds.
One had nubs, the other fingers that stick out.

(not my pictures) - :rolleyes:

Attachments

• SuperDish36x20inch105b.jpg
    SuperDish36x20inch105b.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 105assyFront.jpg
    105assyFront.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 105atStockLocation.jpg
    105atStockLocation.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 173
By the way I plan to use it in a Asure Shine 5.5' diam dish.
Should I replace the feedhorn for a C-120 round one ?
In the third picture you will notice the di-electric inside the feedhorn.
Prime feed 5½ foot dish? Your SuperDish feedhorn has the wrong F/D ratio, so I'd use the Invacom AF-120

Offset feed 5½ foot dish? Your feedhorn should be round to work best.
But, but I'd give a try with the one off the SuperDish.

I think the dielectric insert makes it receive the circular signals.
So, I suggest you would have to remove it to get linear.

This is some old hardware you've got, and I've not seen a lot of info on it.
The DishNetwork forum here might have an installer with a good memory, if our answers are not adequate.

Yes, it is old technology but it is in new condition. Never used outdoors or ever mounted. I bought the whole assembly with the plastic covers also by internet for 16 dollars incuiding shipping. I just want to give it a try, specially the FSS lnb. Only one thing, By the way in order to test it, let's say I take the dielectric plastic out, I just select a Vertical TP, set the LOF frequency to 10750 and set the lnb type to OCS-DP? Is that enough. Thanks.

Iceberg, did you find out about the dielectric, should it be there? I was testing this lnb by the time you posted. It had very low reception. I took the dielectric out with the same results. Do the lenght of the feedhorn is responsible of the low reception? Also if I set it to normal, how come it can work with a DP-34 switch. Just wondering.

vertical polarity on a bandstacked LNB is the same (10750)...its the horizontal TP"s that get "stacked" above the verticals

on a bandstacked LNB the vertical TP's are between 11700-12200
horizontal are between 12400-12900

There was a thread a while back to figure out the H frequency take what it "normally" would be and subtract from 24600. I had a receiver that wouldnt take an "oddball" LNB LO frequency. So a 11700 H TP is 12900 and 12200 would be 12400.

I already have the tp's in the CW800 scanned from the bird I want to receive. Most of them are Horizontal. Should be enough to change H to V or should I rescan again?

If you have blind scan you can do a couple options
-scan 11700-12900 (if the receiver will let you...some wont)
-change LNB LO to 13850 and reblind scan vertical only. The frequencies will be off but it will scan all the TP's in

Thanks, I'll do it that way. Another last question before getting up to the roof, Should I leave the dielectric or should I take it out?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts