FSS Stacked LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yankee495

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Southwest Missouri
I have a Dish Netowrk FSS stacked LNB Part # 122677. Can this be used for linear satellites like Galaxy 10R? I have a VS Ultra working good on 3 dishes.

I have a Primestar dish with linear LNB, the single H/V (13v/18v switched type) hooked up now working good except for signal strength. It is watchable but a tree is getting in its way and I can move the dish.

I just want to play with this FSS stacked LNB because I have an old primestar round dish that needs an LNB and it would be a killer! The 122677 LNB came from a superdish and I was luckey to get ahold of it for free. I was disappointed to see "Stacked" on it.

I read some stuff on the threads here but it didn't look like you guys ever came to a conclusion.

yes, bandstacked !

Some time ago, I ran across a supply of those LNBs, too.
I thought about getting and testing them, and have written about them several times.
Likewise, I want to bolt one on onto a Primestar horn and give that a shot.
(still waiting for the heavens to open and a Primestar to drop in my lap) ;)

As for working with the receivers, that shouldn't be a problem.
There have been discussions on here about how to make 'em work when your receiver doesn't support stacked LNBs.
There are receivers which simply -do- support stacked LNBs.
(The Satpros we got a deal on a few months ago, -do-.)
Any computer-based receiver can be set up for stacked.
Some computer software (DVBdream for one) already knows how to support stacked.

Other advantages are:
. long cable runs
. possible use of a nice Dish DP34 switch (also found cheap)
. low cost for an LNB that'll bolt to an existing horn

Some disadvantages:
. people don't know what to do with 'em
. some receivers may not support 'em
. may not have the lowest noise level
. many don't have a source of 'em

I'm trying to decide whether to get a few dozen pieces and seed the FTA community.
I'm pretty sure a lot of good can come from them.

Search for my name and any appropriate key word in the FTA section for other discussions.

a stacked LNB will work fine and for G10 the stacked issue is pretty much a moot point.

Stacked takes the H transponders, converts them to V and puts them up at a higher frequency. the original V transponders are not affected so you could get the V stuff just fine :)

Yea, I hooked it up iceberg. The V/H was listed funny but it scanned out more channels on G10 then the primestar LNB did. I changed it in the rain so I didn't fiddle with it much. I was just dieing to know what it would do.

So it seems these LNB's are useful for FTA. I'm going to do some playing now. Thanks guys.

Yankee -

Did you hook the FSS LNB up mechanically to the Primestar horn?
I've been talking about doing that, and other advantages of the cheap LNB, but couldn't get a good yawn out of the crew, here. :rolleyes:
If so, tell us more and post some pictures , please.

Ok, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Yes, I put the horn from the primestar LNB on the DIsh FSS LNB. Fits perfectly. I want to try the old horn on it too that way both LNB's will be usable.

If your receiver is supported by the channel master application you can create a TP list that is altered to support band stacking.

Ok here are the two LNB's put together. I'm still going to try the original horn.

FSS.jpg

OK, what is the trick to posting a picture here? I have tried 3 different ways and it appears to be deleting the post.

It was an automatic feature of the forum. Your post has been approved and your picture is up now.

You had only posted a few times before you attached a picture and then a link. The forum software reported it as Spam and it was waiting for a staff member to approve it or nuke it. :)

BTW you cannot post HTML code to Satelliteguys. It's a security thing.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts