FTA and Digital OTA on the same piece of coax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulm

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I get much better reception with the rabbit ears (dual telescoping rods with no electronics involved) that i found at goodwill when they're mounted (okay, wedged) out back with the fta dish. So far I've just been doing the cord juggle when it's gametime (the only FTA I watch are Sioux sports feeds on 91). At this point I'm running the coax through the yard, around the house and in a window. I'm working on getting a more permanent setup, and I'd like to only run one cable into my house carrying both signals.

So, can i do something like
LNB | OTAantenna
---splitter---
coax to house
---splitter----
sat receiver | ota receiver
?

To through in another twist, not all of my locals have made the digital swtich yet, so I'll still be tuning in some analog ota as well (until feb).

Thanks in advance for the advice! :D

diplexers are used in tandem. Ive used them before for the same idea. Had only one line into the bedroom and needed to combine sat & OTA into one

they work pretty good and will work fine for what you want to do. There is a slight loss on the sat side when using them but with the FSSN maxing the meter yesterday ( :D ) we're OK with a slight loss (couple points)

just make sure to get quality diplexers (digicon, etc..). i have used lots of them, but prefer not to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)