Please reply by conversation.
Wescopc

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Does a diplexer work with cable TV and the KU band? I have never tried using a diplexer, I think they are designed for OTA signals. So I would like to hear from someone - do they work? And how well.
Bob

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yes it will work. Diplexer works from 35-approx 900mhz on the OTA/cable end and cable is between 54-600 mhz usually.

The only time it wouldnt work is to combine 2 satellite signals. We used a diplexer to combine a cable line and a directv line into a room and had no issues

Wescopc

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
Thanks Tony - I will give it a try, after I order some diplexers.
Bob

M

mark_calgary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 19, 2005
The dry side of the Rockies
Does a diplexer work with cable TV and the KU band? I have never tried using a diplexer, I think they are designed for OTA signals. So I would like to hear from someone - do they work? And how well.
Bob

I do this for one of the rooms in my house which has digital cable and can see no degradation on either analog or digital cable nor satellite.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
A diplexer will introduce approximately 1.5dB loss for each insertion. This totals to a 3dB loss for the merge and separation.

3dB loss can eliminate weaker signals. I personally avoid diplexers for typical FTA installs with a 76 or 90cm dish.

Wescopc

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
A diplexer will introduce approximately 1.5dB loss for each insertion. This totals to a 3dB loss for the merge and separation.

3dB loss can eliminate weaker signals. I personally avoid diplexers for typical FTA installs with a 76 or 90cm dish.
That is good to know - thanks Brian.
Bob

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yeah that is good to know. I use to have my Starchoice output diplexed into my FTA line for the compauter room but removed that a while back.

Guess I'll have to run a 2nd line in there :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.