FTA and DishNet/Directv Question

MrSkeet

Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
I currently have an FTA system with a 30 inch dish and a SG2100 motor. I want to sub to Dishnet or Directv and would like to know if I can use my current setup? I want to purchase a Dishnet or Directv 2 room system. My intention is to hook one Dishnet or Directv receiver to the same TV that the FTA STB is hooked to. (Coolsat 4000) The other Dishnet or DTV receiver to different TV by itself. Can this be done and if so how hard would it be to set up the system? I'm not sure if I want to go with Dishnet or Directv, but either way is it possible to do? Thanks for any help.

You would be better off keeping your FTA and D* or E* system separate, much simpler that way and with multiple E* and D* receivers you will not want them on a motorized dish, it will defeat the purpose of having multiple receivers. Besides you will be getting the use of the dish and standard D* or E* receivers for free unless you upgrade to a HD-DVR.

If I use a separate dish, can I run the Dish or Directv into the same coax that I use for the FTA or do I have to run separate coax into the house. I don't want to run more wire than I have to. What would be the easiest way to do this if there is an easier way?

you need a separate wire for the Dish/Direct and FTA. You cant run both down the same line because the frequencies are the same (or really close)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts