FTA coolsat 5000 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do not have a Coolsat but what I write down may be helpful.

When you find a channel on a satellite that you know will be there set the analog unit to the proper sat and polarity, go into the coolsat (good to do this with two tv's) find the spot in the menu where you can punch in your own info (well first try to get all the info for the channel) When you find the right menu in the Coolsat enter the freq, SR select the correct polarity and enter in the pids you should get a signal meter here is when you will bump the big dish with the analog IRD east or west to get the best quality, after you get the best with bumping adjust the skew to get the quality on the Coolsat meter as high as possible.

Once you have done this save it and then look for blind scan or smart search whatever Coolsat calls it, select it scroll to the sat you adjusted select the right polarity and depending on if you want to do a lot of editing select scan fta only or scan fta and scrambled.

So lets say you are doing all this on H and your blind scan finds many channels now on this same satellite enter all your info for one V channel and you may need to adjust the skew to peak the quality and then do your
blind scan on V, don't forget to flip to a V channel on the analog IRD to tune.

I am not 100% sure if you can do all this with the Coolsat but from reading on many forums you should be able to do so.

If your quality is still very low on channels that other members are getting great you may need to tune your dish outside (if all the bumping and skewing does not help) because if the quality is low on a strong signal you will never pick up the weak ones, once locked on a digital channel and you peak it to the max and it is still low go outside push the dish softly down and see if the quality goes up if not push up this will determine if you need to work more on refector alignment.

Thanks. i've scanned and got a few lifetime's but no sound i cant no figure out why this is. any idea's?

Is anyone else getting sound? I don't have those on my Pansat, well maybe I do... :) could be the audio pid did not scan in right or its ac3?

AC-3 means the audio is dolby digital and you need an external audio receiver to listen to the audio.

PBS on AMC3KU is the big one like that

I do, and I think most people who want to listen to AC3 audio will or already have gone out and gotten something to decode the AC3 audio with. I use a Denon AV Receiver, but it's part of my Home Theater System. Most people just go out and find the cheapest Boombox or whatever they can find that decodes AC3 audio.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts