FTA DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

frenchy

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Hello everyone, I'm a new member, and would like to know about FTA 36" rotable dish (H2H), is it hard to install, and is there any monthly fee like DIRECV and DISHNETWORK have. Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Thx

Frenchy

There is no monthly fee. The expense is the cost of your time to learn how to install a system. Many like to learn how more for the technical challenge than the result. What programming do you ultimately want to watch?

As far as I know, there are no French Canadian or English Canadian stations on Ku satellites other than pay services from Bell and Shaw Direct which are scrambled. There are French language stations on Galaxy 19 at 97W from Africa, China, etc. Maybe FTA isn't really what you're looking for.

PBS, NBC, MSNBC, Pentagon channel, History channel, Patient channel, Veteran's channel, All news TV channels in English (Russia, China, Israel, USA, Qatar, etc.), Religious broadcasters, old popular TV shows (RTV), international TV stations in foreign languages (Mexico, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia), international radio stations in English and foreign languages (Caribbean/South America, Europe, Middle East, USA, Asia), sports and news feeds.

Not bad for free, eh?

Hi, so what is there to see on these satellite? thx for the info, keep up to good work.

not alot really, considering what you are looking for....but what can you expect for free?

it is mostly international/foreign channels....

if english and french are the only two languages that you speak then i would say you are wasting your money on a ku-band setup, unless you want to try to learn a new language like hindu or indian....

if you want english programming then you need to go with c-band....

not a lot really...
I guess it depends what interests you. I've learned foreign channels can be interesting even if they're broadcasting in a language I don't understand. It's true that Ku has little of the conventional TV programming content. If that's of interest, then it's best to subscribe to Bell or Shaw Direct (as I do). But for something different (better?), try FTA! You might see singers on a stage that aren't being screamed at by so-called judges.

Hi, thx for all that info, so from what i could see, i should stay with C band, fix dish for a couple satellites

I'm not sure of that conclusion based on the above posts. :) You did come to the right forum, we know everything!! lol ok, almost everything.

Don't rush, take your time and peruse our site and "the list" tab at the top of the screen. Also check LyngSat for what channels are FTA. Tons to learn!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)