FTA in Freeport Bahamas

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdm

Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Good Day,

I am living in The Bahamas and for a long time I have been trying to get free to air channels.

I got 90cm dish, invacom LNB, Pansat, viewsat and sonicview receivers.I know that FTA signal are not as strong as some of the popular sats, but I have been trying for a long time and need some help. I am thinking about getting a good

satellite signal finder like first strike or sathawk 6910 and trying the new LNBF that can receive c-band and ku band signal.

I need some help and advice!!

You Sat receiver is like a Meter - possible to bring Receiver and Small TV to the Dish?
Which Sat (be specific) would you like to try and get first? (all of them is not an answer)

Don't waste your time trying to get any C-band with that 90cm dish, especially if you are near the edge of the signal footprint, your dish is not near big enough.

You can check out to see if you are in/near the footprint (area of the earth that has signal coverage) on Lyngsat.

Lak7,
I would really like to get AMC4 101W and Gallaxy19 97W.

mdm

Phaltwound,

I was not trying to get C-band signals, I was just desparate and willing to try anything to get my system working.

Any ideas?

Mdm

mdm , check that lyngsat website as suggested, to see the footprint maps of those satellites, check if your location happens to be in the covereage areas. Do you have a fixed or motorized dish? Have you ever received any signals on your receivers?

mdm said:
Lak7,
I would really like to get AMC4 101W and Gallaxy19 97W.

mdm

Both have great footprints in your area and easily received.

For starters, choose 97w. Place a small TV and receiver next to the dish. Connect the receiver's SAT IN port directly to a "L" port of the LNBF. If mounted on a motor, remove and initially install as a fixed dish.

Reference www.geosatfinder.com for the LNBF skew (rotation) and the dish elevation and compass (azimuth) settings. Set the LNBF skew. Make sure the mounting pole is perfectly plumb and level. Set the dish elevation to the approximate angle using the scale on the rear bracket. Use a compass to identify the approximate direction and identify a landmark that lines up with the compass reading.

Select G19 - 97w KU satellite in the receiver and set the LNB type to STANDARD with a LO frequency of 10750 if the LNBF is the QPH031 (choose Universal LNB type if another Invacom model). Choose transponder frequency 12152 or 12177.

While watching the Quality reading SLOWLY pan the dish 10 to 15 degrees on either side of the landmark. If no Quality reading, increase or decrease the dish elevation angle in one degree increments and repeat the SLOW panning process on either side of the landmark. Repeat until the Quality reading is found and peaked.

Perform a Blind Scan (or Power Scan) for free or fta channels.

Good luck and let us know of the success!

Hi MDM and the group, just wanted to add that I get 97W from central Florida with a 80 CM dish and the signal quality is excellent even with this somewhat small dish. Maybe consider getting one of those cheap squeal satellite finders - they can help rough in a dish and get the signal meter built into the receiver showing some signal then peak with the satellite receiver meter. Later, DC

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)