fta installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheito

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
usa
hi i am new on this subject hope i got the right area to put this i was given a app. 30 inch pansat dish and an invocam lnb two linar two circular and a diseq switch and a motor HH/90 one i live in florida i have a viewsat lite reciver i am trying to install this for free to air on the lmb do i connect the linar on lmb #1 and circular on lnb #2 on the switch ??? and could someone give me the cordinates on lattitude and longnitude and the most important question do i show the dish to my south ?? need help please thanks.

I would not start the setup with the switch, can make it more difficult.
For "L"inear FTA Satellites, you would connect to either "L" port.
For "C"ircular Satellites, you would connect to either "C" port, not much free stuff up there, but you can use lock the signals to help aligning your Dish.

dishpointer.com can help with aiming. You enter your address, select your Motor Model from the Satellite List, and click "GO"

thanks !! for replying but do i point the dish to south to start !!

Yes. When installing a Dish with Motor, you want to align to the Sat closest to your Longitude.
If you look at the Motor Bracket, 1 side should be stamped "Latitude", set the to Your Lat.

For more detailed instructions, list your Long and Lat.

I got mine up about a week ago.

I had everything aligned perfectly...signal kept maxing out at 44% and dropping to 0 every few seconds. I was going crazy trying to figure it out - thought my calculations were wrong. Then I found a thread explaining my problem - make sure that you enter a known "hot transponder" for the true south satellite you are aiming at.

This transponder list helped me out bigtime:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/85225-i-need-strong-transponder-aim-my.html

At that point, when you are actually looking for an exact transponder, you'll get a "real" signal reading and you can adjust the dish based off that. I almost busted when I saw the signal strength hit 90% and stay there I was so excited :)

From there, I used USALS and simply entered the Long/Lat of other satellites I cared about and had no problems hitting anything yet.

Good luck!

All you need to know can be found on this board, trust me. These guys are like genius level.

You biggest challenge will be getting the motor set up and the dish aimed. There's plenty on the topic, so get out your reading glasses....

thanks for everyones replys on my thread i will try it this week i now now based on yours info. have an idea again thanks everyone

I would not start the setup with the switch, can make it more difficult.
For "L"inear FTA Satellites, you would connect to either "L" port.
For "C"ircular Satellites, you would connect to either "C" port, not much free stuff up there, but you can use lock the signals to help aligning your Dish.

dishpointer.com can help with aiming. You enter your address, select your Motor Model from the Satellite List, and click "GO"

thanks !! for replying but do i point the dish to south to start !!

Yes. When installing a Dish with Motor, you want to align to the Sat closest to your Longitude.
If you look at the Motor Bracket, 1 side should be stamped "Latitude", set the to Your Lat.

For more detailed instructions, list your Long and Lat.

Definitely, I agree very strongly with Lak on the issue of the switch. Don't install one of even ponder it during the alignment process. It is merely a distraction during this process. Get the dish aligned first and THEN debate the switch.

Regarding the "true south satellite", again I must totally agree with Lak's information here. It is a great benefit if your true south satellite lines up exactly with your site's longitude. This makes your entire alignment process of a motorized dish so much simpler.

However, you can set up your system regardless of whether you have a switch connected or not and if your true south satellite isn't right in line with your longitude, you can work around that, too.

Do not perceive what we state here in this regard as being a hard and fast rule or that it is absolutely a requirement to do it one way or another. That would not be totally accurate, we tell you these things to help you save a great deal of time and avoid a lot of frustration.

However, our recommendations aren't always perfect for every scenario. Take for instance, your true south satellite doesn't carry signals that your receiver or equipment can work with... Then, you have to use the next closest sat that does. You don't have to be aligned right on the most perfect true south sat. But the closer you are, the less work you will have ahead of you. It will work out the same in the long run, but you may have to play around with your alignments a little more to track the arc just perfect. Don't worry in your mind if this is the case for you, just be prepared in advance that you will need a little more patience and time to get it set up.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)