FTA installer Harrisburg PA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

us_eikie

Original poster
May 14, 2007
Hello,

I bought an FTA set up with motor. The thing has been up on my roof for a month and I can't seem to get it locked to a satellite. So I've run out of patience. Can someone refer me to an installer in my area (Harrisburg PA). I have found one installer, 2! hours from here. Needless to say the installation is goin to cost 2 or three times the amount of the set up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

well if you can find one its probably going to be high.

i know the guys here and most can talk you through an installation. it does take patience.... especially when your on a roof. its easy to get frustrated ... but the best thing about installing it yourself is if it ever gets outa whack you will know how to fix it . plus its a real addictive hobby once you start and find those satellites ........ you will be hooked.

so plan on a weekend and find one or two of the guys here and they will walk you through it, you can also goto a chat room , IM or someone might even call and walk you through it. its a good group here.

some of the basics if you haven't already tried them ....

its easier to set up without the motor and get a feel for finding a satellite. you can always go back and put the motor in. finding the satellite breaks the patience & frustration "ICE" ..

good luck

Here is something else that might help you find the satellites with a motorized system. Install a directv or dishnetwork LNB onto your dish. Then point your
dish at the satellites from those two companies. Since their signal is meant for
18-inch dishes it is stronger and therefor easier to find with your larger dish.
Once you have found some of those birds you can change your LNB back and
start finding the FTA satellites.

You will need to change the LNB frequency from 10750 to 11250 to find the direct and dishnet satellites.

Hope this helps you...

Motorized installs can be challenging! We always suggest that you first install as a fixed dish until you feel comfortable with the equipment operation then add the motor into the mix.

If you ned the services of a local installer, try our new free installer referral site at FTAinstall.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts