FTA Interest - Dish Network along the Arc!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
I used to own a C-Band Dish a long time ago. To be honest, I loved messing around with it. And recently I've been thinking about doing some sort of Free To Air surfing along the arc again. At this point, I'm just gathering information to see if this is something that I might want to get into again. If I were to get back into using a FTA satellite system, it wouldn't be with a C-band 10 ft. dish any longer though. I'd go with a small dish, and the LNB would have to be able to receive Dish Network through it, since I do like their service and I wouldn't want to upset the viewing habits of the rest of the household. So, here is my question to those of you in the know about such things: Is there motorized small dish equipment out there that will surf the arc, which also has an LNB that will transmit Dish Network rightfully subscribed programing through it. That way I could get the wild feeds (just for fun) and I could still be a Dish Network Subscriber. Who knows, maybe I'm Fruit Loops Crazy, because I have no idea what is out there for FTA Satellite interests any longer. Any help you might provide would be greatly appreciated.

The short answer would be yes. But you probably would annoy other people in the house since your Dish receivers won't move the dish to the position necessary to watch that service (unless there is some DN receiver I don't know about). You would have to move the dish with your FTA receiver. You would have less drama in the household if you ran a separate fixed dish for your Dish Network receivers. It sounds like you want to be the least disruptive of others you may not want to introduce multiple points of failure to those that don't share your enthusiasm for the hobby.

It wouldn't work good as DISH Network programming comes from 3 different satellites, if you have more then one receiver in your house then one person may not be able to watch anything if the other receiver is turned to a channel which is on a different satellite. You are better off going for a stand along DISH network dish. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)