Please reply by conversation.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
FTA LNBF bracket for Winegard ?

Hello,

I have a 24-inch Winegard dish that I use with my Dish Network service, which came with an arm that has the Dish LNB holder.

This dish is in a good place for G10R (which is obscured by trees from being seen by my 1 meter dish), and so I would like to try putting a FTA LNBF on the Winegard and see what I can get (and in fact I am sure the same dish is sometimes delivered with a FTA LNBF holder instead of the DBS LNBF holder).

SO, where can I get such a FTA LNBF holder to put on the arm of the Winegard ? I checked two of the Gold Sponsors' sites with no luck...

Thanks ! :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Not sure where you could get a holder, you'd have to ditch the Dishnet "D" mount and get a 40mm neck mount.

24 inches is VERY small, especially for G-10R, where much of its programming on a transponder that is often difficult to pick up with a much larger dish (due to interference from a transponder on the neighboring 121w satellite).

Hmmm.... this is a strangely hard item to find.

Some satellite sites sell brackets - but they always have 2 or 3 LNBF holders - never one.

I did a search for Winegard parts - but can't find anyone who sells parts for satellite dishes. Odd !

In the deep dark past, I've seen some model Winegard dish offered with both D-tube mount, and the more traditional rectangular as would fit the base of a DirecTV LNB.
...and this is a question, not a statement, but aren't the FTA holders just made to basically fit the rectangular tubes?
And if that is so, then there wouldn't be one to fit a D-tube dish... (?)

But, depending on what materials you are most comfortable with, maybe you could make one.
I was thinking about using an old DirecTV dummy LNB, hacking it up, and making a holder for a 40mm neck FTA LNB.
If I didn't have that, I might consider plastic (possibly sprinkler fittings), wood (getting creative with the saw), or some sheet metal (have a brake - time to go origami on it's @$$).

Of course, since the dish is too small for the intended purpose, maybe none of the above are good ideas. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is a linear D tube Linear LNB out there. I one time made a bracket for sticking a 40mm LNB on a D500 dish to try my hand at pinpoint dish pointing. That project didn't work out too well.

I think you're skewed!

I know about the rectangular based linear LNBs.
One guy offers it. (that I've seen)
You can put a linear LNB onto a DirecTV dish that way.

And, I've seen 3rd party D-based circular LNBs. (Microyal, maybe?)

I haven't seen the D-base linear, though.
Good catch.

The bad news is, the 24" dishes Dish has put into the field, do not skew.
With a D-based LNB (which you can't twist in the mount) and a non-skewable dish, you're pretty much up a creek. :eek:

Last edited:
Yes, I actually went out and looked at the DS-3101 and the DS-4061 and compared them, and the 24" inch has a d-shaped arm, so it would not fit an FTA LNB without the sort of DIY effort you are describing. The arm is welded to the base of the unit, so one would need the whole arm and base from the FTA version of the dish (a significant portion of the product).

Oh well...

The 24 is a real oldie.
It's not something new.
I had one around here. but never really needed it.
Besides, it just takes the one LNB, so with circular, there's no reason to skew.

heh, they skewed people by not giving a dish that tilts ;)

I have a 30" dish I'd give to someone interested in FTA. I also have a DirecPC dish I'd part with for a few bucks.

Actually, you've come up with something that would work - somewhat.
The same ebay seller has a metal bracket that simply holds an LNB and attaches to another LNB. So it is irrespective of the arm and holder.
The downside is that it puts the LNB that I want to use outside of the focal point of the dish. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)