FTA newbe...Hows this setup look? And a few Q's..

Status
Please reply by conversation.
22Khz on if its a Universal LNBF. Remember signal strength means NOTHING its all about QUALITY! So that is normal!

If you bought the LNB from Sadoun, its a universal. And a Universal requires a 22khz tone to switch to the high band.

Only one satellite needs the low band, and that is PAS9, so yes, leave the 22khz tone on, that will help you alot in your bird shooting.

Ahhh..ok No wonder I wasnt seeing anything..

Well it finished its powerscan on what ever I get...

I think its G10r.

I get unwatchable scrambled stuff like JC penny ch1 and 2

And im watching UPN from AK.

My LNB is in there strait up..I dont see a skew adj for it on the holder.

ok now is when you REALLY need to see the quality meter. you need to GENTLY press on the dish, first one side then the other, and top and bottom (from behind the dish) and see where quality improves. this will give you an idea of which way you need to move the dish to peak the signal. after you have got the best quality you can that way, then set your skew on the lnb, checking signal quality all the time. your skew is going to be 1.1 degrees, an extremely small movement clockwise. maybe 1/32 of an inch. remember, small adjustments can make a big difference. after you have done that, move the lnb toward and away from the dish, once again checking sig quality after every movement. btw, dont forget to wait a few seconds for the reciever to see the change in signal in between each movement; )

The LNB should be rotated about 40 degrees counter clock-wise looking at the dish from the LNB....

if you look at my avatar, that is my 90P pointed at G10R on a H-H motor, so it gives you an idea of which way to point it.

EDIT: I have an edited calculator on my website for this area, it is located at http://ultatryon.com/satellite/ you may need to alter your angles by a degree or two because of the difference in location, but generally its about right for all of connecticut.

im not on the motor yet..just a strait up pole...do i still need to skew the lnb?

I found AMC4 and got a fox KUIL or something like and 2 other channels..

I think im on IA5 now...powerscanning...

WOW! Yes, you need skew on a fixed dish. When you put the motor on, the LNBF will be positioned straight up and down on your true south satellite then the skew sorts itself out as you motor to the different satellites : )

What Pete said. 0 Skew is for motorized only, on G10R did you only get the Fox channel and the JC penny? because your skew being off by so much would kill your quality.. if you turn it about 1/8 way by eyeball, you should be able to get fox at high 90s in quality, and you should get the transponder with The Tube (11720 V 26792)

So i kicked it about 1/8 CCW looking at the lnbf from the front..ended up with this...

Goes from 42-49..

Tomorrow Ill bring a crt out there with the rcvr on the roof and see if i can really tune it...maybe even try the motor.

Attachments

• DSC00466.JPG
    DSC00466.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 119
If that is an 80cm dish, thats about as good as you are going to get. I get a bit over 50 with my 90cm dish myself.

Sweeet :D

Finished the powerscan and now I have a CBS...couldnt get that off the rabbit ears...

Watching Beverly Hillbillys on RTN now :cool:

Getting about 60% on KUTF (11950)...about in line for the 80cm dish?

Is there a 2nd tube feed? Im getting it on 11950 v 26657 with like 63% Q...nice and solid. Channel comes up WPXS...sorry for the tons of dumb Q's. This is a big learning curve comming from just doing e* stuff :eek:

The Tube is also broadcast on a few other channels "Part Time" on the G10R satellite. You are now officially HOOKED :yes

The only two full time Tube feeds on satellite are the 11720 feed on G10R, and the 4040 feed on G3C.. anything else is gravy.

Cralt,
Sorry wasnt thinking when i posted last night about your skew, i had told you how to set skew for your true south satellite, not for g10 :-( Glad to see someone popped up and told you the correct way to do it :)

ROUND II

Zero'ed the motor out with the things on the bottem..didnt see a reset hole

unplugged the motor from the RCVR and did a fact reset.

Plugged it back in to the motor

Told it to goto SBS 6..and after a wile I got it adj in by hand..Motor reads zero..set it as my ref point under the motor setup screen. entered my lat and long.

Now I tell it to goto G10 it motors over but stops way short..I had to hook the meter up and twist the motor over a few deg...and after that it looks like it ended up on SATMEX at 116...

Im clueless now..

EDIT: What I thought was SATMEX was a mix of a few sats or something. I was getting DISH preview channel 501 and a few CD channels... all choppy

cralt said:
EDIT: What I thought was SATMEX was a mix of a few sats or something. I was getting DISH preview channel 501 and a few CD channels... all choppy

That is Echostar6/8 at 119.. you will be able to get some of the circular stuff on a linear lnb, but your only picking up half the signal, so its gonna chop..

Its not off by toooo much.. just keep going west a bit, you will hit Echostar 9 at 121, and then G10 at 123

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy 10R - TP 5 reception good - no TP1 reception

Is WEW gone? Iceberg uncovered!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)