FTA newbie needs some help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcculac

Original poster
Nov 4, 2005
Hey all. I purchased an FTA setup about a month ago to watch a college football game that was not televised or even offered on pay-per-view. The game was going to be on SBS 6. My house is surrounded by trees so I put it up in the one spot where SBS 6 would be an open shot. I only have 25 degrees worth of open shots so I dont bother moving. Anyways when the installer put it in (This was on the Friday before the game), we used a Pansat 3500 on the roof with a television to get it hooked up. We were getting a little action on SBS 6 but no real broadcasts. I had bought a Traxis 4500 originally and was going to use it. Saturday morning came and I hooked up the Traxis and spent an hour messing with it. I could get absolutely nothing. The strength meter would register between 58 and 62, never less or more. Quality never even hit 1. I had to drive an hour to borrow the Pansat used during the install. Hooked it up, changed a few settings and did a blind scan. There was the game I was waiting for and I was elated. Since then I have had to return the Pansat and will have to make do with my Traxix. Here is the problem, I can once again not get anything with this Traxis. There is another non-televised Auburn game tomorrow that I would like to watch since I purchased this whole FTA setup. Is anyone familiar with the Traxis 4500? Are there common mistakes made that I could making right now? I used channelmaster with the pansat to load up a list of transponders on SBS 6. I dont believe there is a way to accomplish this with the Traxis, so I went to lyngsat and manually put in every trasnpoder listed on SBS 6. I just want to watch a football game tomorrow and I would so grateful if someone could assist. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

The Pansat probably found the feed as it may not have been on a published transponder.

You just cant beat a blind scan receiver for finding feeds.

With the Traxis you will have to enter everything manually.

(Reminder we do not post feed info in the open area, unless its mentioned in Lyngsat)

mcculac said:
I used channelmaster with the pansat to load up a list of transponders on SBS 6.
If you still have this list? Why don't you try entering these frequency's manually into your Traxis and see if one of them will work?

Al

did that. however, the Pansat, when blind scanning, picked up 4 or 5 extra TPs that weren't on my channel list. I'm good now, I returned the Traxis today and picked up another Pansat. all is good with the world again

I guess my question to the OP is, how did you know the game was going to be on SBS 6 in the first place? This would be good information to know.

Thanks.

some college teams publish the satellite coordinates in a press release or on their website :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)