Fta News Junkey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

baya

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
TEXAS
I have been watching IRNN (IA-5), (Cha-13) for less than 30 minutes and I now know what's going on around the world. I just read The Blue Line above the red prompt. It's shows from soccer to buz, Medicine, Political, NY strike. I think world citizens should discover this news station :cool:

Last edited:
One of my big motivations for getting into FTA is to get news from other countries. I realize that all news sources have their various biases, but that's OK. I'm just sick of the US news outlets (CNN, Fox News, etc.) I sure miss Newsworld International on DirecTV, but they went dark and were replaced by Al Gore's crapcasting channel. Now I get the BBC on the local PBS affiliate and I'm starting to find other sources on FTA, like Russia Today. The more the merrier, I figure.

G3C is at 95w!
I made the same mistake last night with my TRUE SOUTH bird, so I know the feeling :eek:

One of the Iranian Network has a segment in English. I do not remember which one though, They have so many on IA-5. I was not quite aware of the amount of people and resources they have.

There's a channel from Thailand that also has some English news segments. They were very interesting a year ago with coverage of the tsunami. Several of the foreign language channels have English language crawls along the bottom with news headlines. There's a lot of very good news coverage from around the world.

And if you switch over to listening to the radio channels on IA5, there are some excellent programs from broadcasters around the world on the World Radio Network channel. It comes up on my receiver as WRN ENG NAM.

Radio Netherlands also has some interesting radio programming and news in English. It's on RNW2.

IRINN is off the air now. I check tomorrow. I think they are a NEWS NETWORK.

headline knews

:D Okay, Time 8:34 Central Time, Tehran 14:34. I can see the anchor woman on IRINN and the blue stripe at the botton of the screen plenty English headline knews. :eek:

Besides my wife's request - get our native country's main radio channel she used to work for in live - this was the other important reason when I had installed my Globecast setup: get more int'l news coverage. Before I did immigrate, I've spent 6-7 ys in the media, mostly in news business (mostly TV, some newspaper aas well), so being a news junky is very natural 'sickness' for me... :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)