FTA on Chile South America Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

moviefreak

Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hi guys, I know one of you might know the answer to my questions...
I have 2 Directv receivers, each one with 65cm dishes and their correspondent LNB's that read on the outside:
LNB03GLA
TCE STCK# 232726
BSCH84P16 Lot No. e67

one LNB has two coax outputs, and the other only coax output.

Ok the question is.... I bought here in the US, a PANSAT 2700A receiver, and I'm wondering if I will need a new LNB to use it with the receiver, or the ones that I have will work ok?...
and the second question is...if I will be able to use my dishes 65cm each... I believe I'm just on the 70cm limit for dishes...so in case i need to buy new LNB's would you recommend to buy one of those 0.3db universal ku single LNB, as i understand, the lower the noise figure, the better. they are selling this lnb's on ebay site.

Thanks...guys, I'm new to FTA..

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

Yes you will need a new KU LNBF, the 0.3dB Invacom Universals would work great its worth trying the dish you have before investing in as BIG as dish as you can get.

origin of my question

thanks man, i will do that, I was asking, because, I dont know the position of the DTV satellite, but i remember getting almost 90% reception from chile, so i thought i will be able to use that dish size...

moviefreak said:
thanks man, i will do that, I was asking, because, I dont know the position of the DTV satellite, but i remember getting almost 90% reception from chile, so i thought i will be able to use that dish size...

Your DirecTV Latin America receivers/LNB won't work in the U.S. In the U.S., you need a completely new setup for FTA. If you want DirecTV USA, you stil need a new setup.

Even if you want DirecTV Latin America (GLA), you Chilean setup won't work here because Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are on a "south" beam of the satellite G3C. Signals of the "south" beam won't reach North America. Only setups from Colombia, Venezuela, Central America and, before they went bankrupted, Mexico, will work in the U.S. because they belong to the "north" beam. So the only useful thing you brought here is the LNB, since it's a customized LNB on the frequency that's not available in the U.S. market at all. People with gray market GLA system here in the U.S. all have to acquire the LNB from Latin America.

here is the reality

I have 2 dtv receivers, 2 dishes and 2 lnbf's that i used to get directv in chile, right now i'm studying in usa, and I bought a pansat 2700a fta, a satellite finder (used to position the dtv dishes by hand, and i got pretty good at it..hehe) and i was wondering if the lnbf's that i have from dtv in chile will work to get the fta channels over there...i'm going to chile for christmas and the fta is for my dad, so i will set up everything there.

The thing is that in chile is almost impossible to get lnb's at any kind of store, so i dont wanna go there and realize that the lnbf's that are there will not work with the pansat 2700a and the dishes that i have over there (dishes size is 65cm). Since the dish size that i have in chile is 65cm, i was thinking on buying two 0.3db KU universal lnb (14usd on ebay each).

My position in chile might not be very bad, since for directv i remember getting almost 90% strength signal from the satellite.

thanks for any comments.

Oh, now I understand your question. You want to get FTA in Chile. Sure, your Pansat would work.

First, the GLA LNB won't work. You need a KU-band linear LNB, which is widely available in the U.S. A Universal LNB that you see on Ebay is even much better.

Second, the GLA dish is also too small. To get decent Ku-band signal, you need at least a 75 cm dish. Of course, the bigger the better.

Check out the Ku-band programming available on some of the South American beams:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa1d.html
http://www.lyngsat.com/i707.html

There doesn't seem to be too much Ku-band FTA programming in South America. There are a lot more C-band signals, which, of course, require a BUD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)