FTA on DN 7 at 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

glen4cindy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
St. Louis MO, area
Finally got an Invacom QPH-031 and have it hooked up. I wanted to play with the FTA DN channels even though there isn't much there. Like has been said, getting the signal is the really fun part.

Here is what happened and what prompts my question. I set the sat up on my Lifetime NA with LO of 11250 & DiSEqC #4 (where I happen to have it). I did an FTA Only scan. During the scan, it found like 37 video channels, many named TVCh5, 6, 7, etc, SOON5, SOON2, 4, 3, etc. among Nasa and Order. After the scan was completed, the only available channels that showed up were Nasa and a channel that said "You have ordered.....". No promo channels, nothing else.

So, I then did a FULL POWER SCAN. This took 45 minutes! But, now, all of the above channels were there, lots and lots of $ channels that obviously would not tune in, but, now the promo channels were there!

So, why did this happen? Again, let me say, I only want the FTA channels and there are several radio "F" channels on 119, but, the promo channels did not stay in the list until I did a powerscan. The TP's were in the list before the power scan, and I tried doing a TP scan first where Lyngsat shows the promos to be.

Just curious.

Thanks!

When set for "FTA" scan on the Fortec, it will scan all of the channels, but will delete all those that are not "flagged" as FTA. Thats why you got only those few channels.

When scanning "ALL" it will scan and popluate all channles that show up in the scan. I suggest doing this all the time for DN or BEV. When anything becomes "FTA" for them, its sometimes still "flagged" as encrypted. Therefore, your scan wont pick it up. You will basically have to go through each channel and see, if any, come in and delete the ones that don't

yep... always do ALL not just FTA... shucks on some non dish network or bev satellites there are a few religious channels that are unencrypted but they still show up with a $ and won't come in unless you do all instead of just fta.

Doing an all scan on a DBS satellite really isnt the best because you'll have 500 channels that are scrambled. I do "FTA only" and 99% of the time I get what I'm suppose to :)

Yeah Ice but some of us like to delete lol lol

that is alot of deleting :)
to this date i don't think i've found anything extra with that scan....
just have to remember to set it to FTA whenever i scan those DBS satellites now lol

Thanks to all who replied.

Now I know!

I am one who just wants to get what is out there!

Any chance that certain channels would show up as FREE or would be unencrypted during a "Free preview"?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts