FTA PC card for HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
most of them will. I dont know if they need a different software in it or if it works from the get go

Sundance -

Which programming (birds/channels/etc) were you looking to get?
There are several kinds (formats) out there.

Also, had you considered which software you wanted to use??
It's a matter of using the right tool for the job.

Twinhan 1027 is a very good PCI card for receving Satellite HD channels.

Watch digital satellite TV on your PC
Receive free-to-air satellite TV and digital radio station on your PC.
TwinhanDTV Sat-Pro is a professional DTV receiver, which brings digital satellite, broadcasts (TV and
radio) to your PC. With TwinhanDTV Sat-Pro, you can experience the high definition & crystal clear video
quality (HDTV) easily through your monitor.

TwinhanDTV Sat Pro is a professional digital satellite TV card with AV capture function. A great deal of practical functions such as instant recording,time-shifting,EPG,teletext…are easy to use by an amiable interface. In addition, TwinhanDTV Sat brings “Internet via satellite” into your PC, and you can surf on web at high download speed!

digillover do you have another URL for that Twinhan 1027? That one leads me to a dead page.

Whoops . . .

The page you were trying to access could not be found!

You might be able to find out what your looking for by searching for it, as the page your looking for may have moved.
(To search SatelliteGuys.US just click the SatelliteGuys.US box below)

I'd suggest purchasing one from a sponsor of SatelliteGuys.us

Like, maybe here? :D

I've used a Twinhan 102g, which is supposed to be very similar, if not the same, as other Twinhan DVB-S models. I think when I initially did research on it it was described as a "1020 without the overheating issues." As previously stated, the codec and pc make all the difference in decoding HD. On my last rig (Athlon64 2GHz 3000+ / 1GB DDR RAM) I could receive HD, but at about 2-3 fps. I used a codec that came with some DVD software I had installed (sorry, I forget which but someone will pipe up). Now that I have a brand new setup (AMD64 X2 2.6GHz 5200+ / 2GB DDR2 RAM) I'm eager to get another one of these cards and try again!

The only problem I had was I never got USALS to work, but I'm going to blame that on the motor. Because it certainly couldn't be OE (Operator Error). Oh no. :eek:

I've used a Twinhan 102g, which is supposed to be very similar, if not the same, as other Twinhan DVB-S models. I think when I initially did research on it it was described as a "1020 without the overheating issues." As previously stated, the codec and pc make all the difference in decoding HD. On my last rig (Athlon64 2GHz 3000+ / 1GB DDR RAM) I could receive HD, but at about 2-3 fps. I used a codec that came with some DVD software I had installed (sorry, I forget which but someone will pipe up). Now that I have a brand new setup (AMD64 X2 2.6GHz 5200+ / 2GB DDR2 RAM) I'm eager to get another one of these cards and try again!

The only problem I had was I never got USALS to work, but I'm going to blame that on the motor. Because it certainly couldn't be OE (Operator Error). Oh no. :eek:

My TH 1020A & MyTheatre work OK with a motor . You may be experiencing a software problem . But I am using Diseqc 1.2 , not USALS .

Wyr

The 4:2:0 HD feeds work great on DVBDream with USALS support too w/ NVidia Purevideo codec on my AMD X2 4200.

For the fat 35mbps 4:2:2 HD I use TSReader and VLC. TSReader also has USALS support too.

The 4:2:0 HD feeds work great on DVBDream with USALS support too w/ NVidia Purevideo codec on my AMD X2 4200.

For the fat 35mbps 4:2:2 HD I use TSReader and VLC. TSReader also has USALS support too.

Where / how can I get the NVidia Purevideo codec ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Twinhan 1027 does work for Vista. It's the latst model from Twinhan.

Sort of along the same lines- I've done a lot of Google-ing and can't find an answer for this. What (other than appearance and original release date) is the difference between the Twinhan cards? 1020a, 1025, 102g, 1027... they all appear to have identical specs and perform the same functions. Does anyone know if there's any advantage having one over the other? All I've found out is the older cards are generally slightly cheaper. Looks like I'm going to pay $70 or more with shipping if I want anything newer than a 1020a, and even $60+ for one of those. I've owned a 102g and was pretty happy with that... is there an advantage to getting the 1027?

Just to confuse things more, Digiwave has a "103g" card for about $65 shipped. Better, worse, apples and oranges...? Trying to be smart and do my homework before dropping money, but I can't find any data! Really hating the 'hackable market,' I remember when I bought my 102g for $35 during 'down time.' :D

Oh, and as a side note I don't think system speed is going to be an issue no matter what card I get (say, for 4:2:2 feeds). Every two to three years I build myself a pretty top-of-the-line new pc, so as of a few weeks ago I have:

AMD64 X2 (Dual Core) AM2 5200+ @ 2.81GHz
PCIe 16X Radeon X1900 256MB Videocard
Over 1 Terrabyte of hd space (SATA)
2GB of DDR2 800 RAM

Last edited:
OK , I have d/l & installed the free trial . How do I get to the point where I have a graph that MyTheatre will recognise / use ?

Thanks,
Wyr

You can also get the Purevideo codec if you buy Theatertek. That's how I got mine. I think when I bought it, the cost was basically the same as the codec by itself. I haven't used MT directly for a while, I use it through SageTV, but I think Nvidia showed up in the list of picks automatically once it was installed.

Mike

Sort of along the same lines- I've done a lot of Google-ing and can't find an answer for this. What (other than appearance and original release date) is the difference between the Twinhan cards? 1020a, 1025, 102g, 1027... they all appear to have identical specs and perform the same functions. Does anyone know if there's any advantage having one over the other? All I've found out is the older cards are generally slightly cheaper. Looks like I'm going to pay $70 or more with shipping if I want anything newer than a 1020a, and even $60+ for one of those. I've owned a 102g and was pretty happy with that... is there an advantage to getting the 1027?

Just to confuse things more, Digiwave has a "103g" card for about $65 shipped. Better, worse, apples and oranges...? Trying to be smart and do my homework before dropping money, but I can't find any data! Really hating the 'hackable market,' I remember when I bought my 102g for $35 during 'down time.' :D

Oh, and as a side note I don't think system speed is going to be an issue no matter what card I get (say, for 4:2:2 feeds). Every two to three years I build myself a pretty top-of-the-line new pc, so as of a few weeks ago I have:

AMD64 X2 (Dual Core) AM2 5200+ @ 2.81GHz
PCIe 16X Radeon X1900 256MB Videocard
Over 1 Terrabyte of hd space (SATA)
2GB of DDR2 800 RAM

The VP-1020A works with DSS modulation schemes too ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)