FTA Receiver on Christmas Wish List

Which of the following FTA receivers would you like to see under the Christmas tree this year?

• OpenBox S9

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • OpenBox S10

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Pansat 9500

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Manhattan RS-1933

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I support SatelliteAV, and in this case I'd have to go with his unreleased unit, over the boxes that are shipping. - :up
His track record is worth a lot. ;)

But the poll might have included the new AZbox ME (more future-ware) which is just about upon us, too. :)

I support SatelliteAV.... ;)

But the poll might have included the new AZbox ME (more future-ware) which is just about upon us, too. :)

You've all made me take a wait and see position. Previously, I thought the current Azbox Premium HD+ was all one could wish for. I hadn't heard about the ME. I guess I'll just wave Santa by when he arrives on Dec. 24 eve.

After reading these posts and reviews on the receivers I listed, I too will wait until Satellite AV releases the new receiver.

I'll begin wishing instead for a polar mount and GBOX or VBOX for my 180cm dish to be under the Christmas tree. :)

I already have a Manhattan, works pretty good, I mite get the new satav receiver will wait for reviews as if there is no 4:2:2 I mite just wait for the next Manhattan to come out but knowing me I will probably get the satav receiver to test it out myself :)

Openbox and az boxes are pretty buggy and don't have good North American support, so mite as well support those who support us, we all know sat av does and so far Manhattan seems to be pretty good.

Openbox and az boxes are pretty buggy and don't have good North American support, so mite as well support those who support us, we all know sat av does and so far Manhattan seems to be pretty good.

Not sure about Openbox but there is very good North American support for AzBox right here in Canada so I’m surprised you don't know about it. (unless by "support" you mean satellite piracy which we don't do!) We remain fully committed in supporting the AzBox HD brand here in North America, even the older models. For example, we are about to introduce a wireless USB adaptor so that people with an Elite or Ultra may connect their receiver to their wireless network. These adaptors will work "out of the box" so no special software will be required in order to enable these.

One of the things we were responsible for recently was to update the satellite list with a proper one separated by band as we know that a lot of users out there have specific switch settings in their system for C and Ku band. This list was introduced since firmware 0.9.5308 and solved many satellite list corruption issues that plagued earlier firmware versions. As far as new models are concerned, we are working hard to perfect the AzBox ME firmware so that it is ready for use here in the North American market and will only release this unit once we feel that it is stable enough for day to day use.

Regards,

PwrSurge

AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Which of the following FTA receivers would you like to see under the Christmas tree this year?

1) OpenBox S9
2) OpenBox S10
3) Pansat 9500
4) Manhattan RS-1933

I'm leaning towards the Pansat 9500 due to having a UHF remote control. Plus the CW channels can be added from the receiver.

You should at least add an "Other" option to the poll if you are not listing all FTA receivers out there. :rolleyes:

concord said:
I look forward to SatAV's new reciever and reviews. I hope it will be easy to delete any/all channels on a particular sat (unlike the OpenBox S9).

The microHD has the option to delete all channels on the selected satellite and also the option to delete all transponders on the selected satellite. Perfect for hobbyists who like repeated blind scans!

I'm looking to switch from dish network to fta since my contract is up in feb. I would really like to know when the satav microhd unit will be sold and where I can purchase it !! Just from reading the posts I know I won't miss out on anything with all the work being Put into the new unit. Brian would the microhd work with the glory star service thanks alot.

tonio25 said:
would the microhd work with the glory star service thanks alot.

The microHD will be available in January. Initially it will not be sold for GloryStar customers, but it will of course be capable of receiving the channels on Galaxy19.

We are targeting development of the GloryStar auto updating channel list with EPG by summer of 2012, but the GloryStar features may not be available on the microHD. The microHD may only be for hobbyists with another HD STB for GloryStar. We will make that decision based on additional development and benchmark requirements which have not been implemented.

I picked the Pansat since it is on the list and it has skew control. Would pick the MicroHD if it was on the list...
-C.

Does this mean some of the GloryStar channels will be moving to HD?

Does the dog wag the tail or does the tail wag the dog....... Seriously, if no potential viewers have a MPEG4 or HD STB, would the broadcaster seriously consider transmitting a signal for few or none to view.?

We received a request by one of the major Christian broadcasters to transition to MPEG4 receivers to support potential expansion of their network channel line-up on G19. There is no firm indication that any service will provide HD channels, but we expect several niche Christian channels to begin offering MPEG4 SD channels on Galaxy19 during 2012.

Several networks are mastering their shows in HD, but only TBN is currently offering a HD FTA transmission in North America.

The microHD spec sheet and manual will be available as soon as the factory firmware file is finalized and the STB is assembled.

Right now we are focusing our attention on producing a highly functional STB at a very competitive price.

The microHD spec sheet and manual will be available as soon as the factory firmware file is finalized and the STB is assembled.

Right now we are focusing our attention on producing a highly functional STB at a very competitive price.
The focus on the product is good. A quality manual takes months to write, produce and finalize. Hard to understand that it isn't available only 3 weeks before product release. Also, hard to understand why a version of the spec sheet isn't available now, not necessarily the final version. How did engineering do the design without knowing specs to design to? Are you sure the product is going to be released in January 2012?

cyberham said:
The focus on the product is good. A quality manual takes months to write, produce and finalize. Hard to understand that it isn't available only 3 weeks before product release. Also, hard to understand why a version of the spec sheet isn't available now, not necessarily the final version. How did engineering do the design without knowing specs to design to? Are you sure the product is going to be released in January 2012?

We have elected to release the microHD documentation when firmware is finalized and product is produced.

As a SatelliteGuys member, you are privy to insider, prerelease testing information. The microHD thread is a great source for features and performance information.

Brian, do you have any "sneak peek" microHD GUI screenshots and / or photos of the front and back panel that you could share with us Satellite Guys?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts