FTA Receiver that runs a BUD by itself?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remember those units approximately 8 years ago. Not very user friendly menus, but very functional.

Had a customer who was a frantic button pusher and kept erasing channels. Never could train him on how to operate. He would call every few months with an "Emergency Call" to get his system reprogrammed.

I used to have one...and I loved it, even with it's cranky interface. It was one of the only analog receivers besides a couple of Pansat KR models that could be used with a 10600 LO (or whatever LO you wanted). It took a lightning hit, and after sending it back to Beir Nabala it was deemed not repairable. It was great for 1 Mhz tuning resolution for finding those weak signal SR's with a shortwave radio.

I have one of those in the closet. Echostar, Manhattan, and Topfield have also made receivers that will control booth an actuator and polarizer.

I still have one. However the software/GUI is old and outdated. It came out just as analog channels was disappearing. There was no updated channel list, slow processor that would freeze up in today's use, and lots of other functions missing that is standard on today's FTA receivers. A normal blind scan of 30 channels took 30-45 mins to do. Remember that this receiver was made just as FTA was developing. I also had the DSR101 that was just digital. Following year the DSR2040 was introduced because there was still 50/50% analog/digital. I found it best to use a separate update FTA receiver for digital (less than $40 on Ebay), and find analog receivers w/digital displays (Chaparral, Uniden, etc) also less than $40 with all the bells& whistles, better to use should you need analog/digital.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)