FTA Receiver..?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftajjyohn

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Hello,
I was wondering if there are any good receivers that have decent motor support and blind scan AND a CAM (irdeto). The reason is that I was hoping to eliminate my two satellite receivers sitting in my living room. One of them is a captiveworks 600 premium (which is just terrible because the blind scan doesnt even work...) and another is a ABS-CBN 8600IR (that is used for IPTV Thai on Galaxy25). The one for IPTV has a irdeto smart card in it and I was wondering if there is a box with blind scan and irdeto cam in it. If there isnt then I guess i'll just have two receivers in my living room then.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!​

Visionsat IV-200 ?

You might read this comment about card support by SatelliteAV.
I've never seen it spelled out as to just what sort of card support this is....or what systems use it in North America.

I do know Dish Network, DirecTV, and (I think) GlobeCast won't authorize anything but their own boxes...

edit: here ya go. Maybe this is what you were looking to know?
SatelliteAV describes success with IPTV subscriber.

Last edited:
Fortec Star FSIR-5400 NA has an Irdeto Slot in it. I just got 2 of these from one of the Gold Sponsors on a closeout. They do a blind scan as well as a transponder scan. At first I did not think it was as good as the Mercury II for tuning, but it is as good (maybe better), just a little different. There may be more of these somewhere. I can not yet vouch for the motor control, but it is a Fortec Star! Shows hookup for both DiSEqC 1.2 or USALS positioners.

thanks SO much for the information. it really did help. i guess i'll be getting a visionsat then. the internet is really useless because if you search IPTV.. you don't get the same IPTV i had in mind.

i had a hard time trying to find a receiver with irdeto. i was about to scrap the idea and just have my parents keep two satellite receivers and the problem would be theirs...

when has this forum ever failed me? ..umm NEVER! thanks again!

Yea, someone asked about IPTV the other day, and I though they meant "video over IP", too.
That's the common meaning of those letters, that comes to mind.

Do you have a web site for this foreign language IPTV service?
Maybe I'll book mark it for the next time this comes up. - ;)

There is a nice review of the Visionsat IV-200 in our Equipment Review section.
The long thread that follows it chronicles some of the improvements that have gone into it since last summer.
I make DVDs from shows I record with mine.
(using a 60gb pocket drive powered directly off the USB cable)

Give SatelliteAV a ring tomorrow, and tell him we sent ya. :)

I sure do have the website and I am definitely willing to help the next person that wants IPTV on Galaxy25.

Thai.tv TV Online :´Ù·ÕÇÕ ´Ù·ÕÇÕÍ͹äÅ¹ì ·ÕÇÕÍ͹äŹì â·Ã·ÑȹìÍ͹äÅ¹ì ´Ùâ·Ã·ÑȹìÍ͹äÅ¹ì ´Ù¢èÒÇ·ÕÇÕ ´ÙÅФ÷ÕÇÕ Ê¶Ò¹Õâ·Ã·ÑȹìÍ͹äŹì ʶҹÕâ·Ã·ÑÈ¹ì ´Ù˹ѧ ÃÒ¡Ò÷ÕÇÕ ÃÒ¡ÒÃâ·Ã·Ñȹì â·Ã·Ñȹì Í͹äÅ¹ì ´Ù·ÕÇÕ¼èÒ¹à¹ç·
ThaiTV :: Satellite Television ::

Both sites are in thai, I believe that there is only one page with english
Direct To Home Products and Services
I'd be glad to help you if you need translation (only to the best of my ability though, I can't read but i pass that obstacle by having a program that will give a "romanization" of the thai, and i am of a lao background so there are a couple of words i wont understand.)

note: iptv site is very expensive for the equipment but the Thai and Lao people sure are willing to pay just about anything to get programming in a language they can understand (like $12 for a diplexer.. can be easily found for much less on the "popular auctioning site")

Yea, thanks, RainMaker.
That's the real deal. ;)

ftajjyohn - thanks for the info and offer.
I'm reading English I found, and the PDFs.
The equipment does seem pricey, but the service isn't bad.
Maybe you could go into business supplying nicer receivers to the local community and installing 'em. :)

In addition to card support, the Visionsat also has a great external PVR option (via an external USB hard drive or USB thumb drive), component output, good motor control, reasonably fast blind scan, and excellent support from the manufacturer via firmware updates!

Highly recommended...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)