Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
Said Goodbye to Dish today. I'm mailing back the receiver and LNBF assy. I took down the dish. Now I have a spot for a new FTA dish :)
I'm FTA dishes only :)

If you lease the equipment when you cancel they do need the receiver(s) and the LNB if you can get to it

Said Goodbye to Dish today. I'm mailing back the receiver and LNBF assy.

Did Dish give you a hard time sending the thing back???

My oldest sister told Dish to stick it a couple of weeks ago. She is going back to wired tele! :eek:
The dumbest thing about her situation is that she basically had Dish to receive her "free" OTA channels! :wacko:

Last edited:
Yes,, Dish wants the LNB back. Not really a problem, and I knew they would want it. But I have to pay the shipping costs for all the equipment.
The spot will be used for testing home fabbed stuff, LNBFs, dish configurations. Been thinking about a SuperDish conversion. I'm also going to pull the WSI 6' Special and replace it in the spring with a 10' mesh I harvested in the wild some time ago. I'm down to four dishes, all motorized.

If its a Superdish, I don't know why they are being so difficult about the LNB assembly. Those dishes are no longer in use, and I seriously doubt they'll get any money for used LNBs. I find them all the time while dumpster diving ;) ...

Yes,, Dish wants the LNB back. Not really a problem, and I knew they would want it. But I have to pay the shipping costs for all the equipment.
The spot will be used for testing home fabbed stuff, LNBFs, dish configurations. Been thinking about a SuperDish conversion. I'm also going to pull the WSI 6' Special and replace it in the spring with a 10' mesh I harvested in the wild some time ago. I'm down to four dishes, all motorized.

I think that my sister had to pay the shipping too! The real stink was when "Peggy" on the phone demanded return of equipment that she never had and was going to charge her for it!!! I think she has it straightened out now.

If its a Superdish, I don't know why they are being so difficult about the LNB assembly. Those dishes are no longer in use, and I seriously doubt they'll get any money for used LNBs. I find them all the time while dumpster diving ;) ...

Wow! For some reason it is hard to find any discarded pizza dishes in my area. However there are a lot of them left on buildings with their lnbfs removed.

If you lease the equipment when you cancel they do need the receiver(s) and the LNB if you can get to it
At least Bell (probably Shaw too) send a box which has prepaid shipping when you need to return a (damaged) receiver. As for the dish, again both companies leave it in place at your house when you cancel, presumably in case you change your mind. There's no way former subscribers would start climbing on to roofs to take down dish parts. If moving your residence, they hope the next resident will subscribe to their service. And at your new location, they will install a dish for free just to keep you sending them monthly stipends.

When I started with Dish, my locals were on 121W, so I needed the SuperDish. Shortly after they moved the locals to 110W and we no longer needed 121W. At the time there were open channels all over Dishes network, and I bought a 118 repoint kit for the Superdish and added the 129W LNB. Later I upped my sub to everything and the installer showed up with the 722K and a TurboHD Dish. He said "You don't need this dish, you have the international one". I said" that's mine, leave the TurboHD so I have something to send back later". He took the 121LNB and SW34 at that time. I had them in the shed ready to go.
When I moved all the dishes this Spring I took down the International dish and put up the TurboHD. They send a box to put their stuff in and shipping labels but you pay the shipping.

Wow! For some reason it is hard to find any discarded pizza dishes in my area. However there are a lot of them left on buildings with their lnbfs removed.
Hah, same here, and I couldn't figure on why they would be falling off so many dishes. I've spotted a bunch of dishes with empty arms. I think Roy Clark had one or two at his Empty Arms Hotel.

I think that my sister had to pay the shipping too! The real stink was when "Peggy" on the phone demanded return of equipment that she never had and was going to charge her for it!!! I think she has it straightened out now.
Exactly what I was avoiding by having the installer leave the new dish. I could envision Dish having me pay for a TurboHD they thought I had, that the installer charged them for installing, no doubt.

The hard thing to do with Dish was the upgrade. I allready had a dish up (International dish). All I needed was a receiver. But oh no! their records didn't show that dish. I had to pay for an installer to come out and hand me the receiver to put in my entertainment center. Then he programmed the remote and was gone.

Congrats on your "divorce" from Dish.

I haven't had any kind of TV sub since my last C-band analog ala carte about 8-9 years ago. At that time I had IFC, and I think it was $3.99/yr!

Hah, same here, and I couldn't figure on why they would be falling off so many dishes. I've spotted a bunch of dishes with empty arms. I think Roy Clark had one or two at his Empty Arms Hotel.

I was thinking that those mailbox whackers had a new sport! :rolleyes:

Congrats on your "divorce" from Dish.

I haven't had any kind of TV sub since my last C-band analog ala carte about 8-9 years ago. At that time I had IFC, and I think it was $3.99/yr!

I was married to Charlie for only a year back in 2000. I got rid of him real quick! :eek:

Before that I was with DirecTV in 1998 and 1999 and again from 2001 to part of 2003!

Man I sound like such a pizza slut!!! :eek:

The only TV I pay for currently is Netflix and will be subbing to H2H again real soon! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.