FTA Scramble Channel Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I recently purchased a Coolsat 6000 receiver. I also purchased a BSC621-2, which has been delayed due to weather.

So I figured I would hook up the Coolsat 6000 using my old LNB: California Amplifier
Mini-Mag LNB
No. 140011
950-1450 Mhz
Gain 65 db Typical
Noise 25k

I have the Satellite near the old G0, which is AMC 11 131*

I was able to pick up the Hallmark channels and Alttitude channels, but when I go to them I can only hear the audio and the Coolsat give me a Channel Scramble message.

Is this just a case of needing my delayed BSC621-2 (which hopefully should be here by Monday) or is there something else? Thanks very much.

There's nothing wrong with your lnb. Almost everything on that sat is scrambled/encrypted. When you get the new BSC621-2, it won't help you with scrambled channels. But, you need something to change the polarity on the Mini-Mag lnb. I'm assuming it's a single polarity lnb? You could go out to the lnb and turn it 90 degrees and get the other polarity. Or you can use an old analog receiver to switch polarity. If you don't have an old analog receiver, then the BSC621-2 will help you when you get it, because it's dual polarity. It does dual polarity. I haven't scanned G18 C-Band in quite a while. But, unless they have added new channels, you will only find one channel in the clear. It is found on a mux with the Outdoor Channel and the Outdoor Channel is scrambled. The one in the clear is JLTV (Jewish Life TV, I think?), and it's on 4176 H 20000 as per lyngsat. Good Luck!

Another thing to remember, if the Mini-Mag is a single polarity lnb, you will have to scan one polarity and then the other polarity, because you will have to change the polarity at some point. The BSC621-2 will take care of that. I'm only saying this because you didn't mention the Outdoor Channel and you should have picked it up on a scan. That tells me you only got one side (in this case the vertical side), and those channels probably scanned in twice, unless you did a vertical only scan or a horizontal only scan. Hope I'm not confusing you?

Great stuff! Thanks everyone.

I had the the dish on AMC 11 and didn't want to change it because my old analog receiver was reset and is not programmed. I was looking at the AMC list SatelliteGuys.US - 131.0°W AMC 11 C and thought these were all FTA channels.

I will start moving the dish around, starting at 123*. Thanks again.

Just disregard me, I'm lost. I thought you said GO, which is @ 123.0w. Now I see AMC 11, which is @ 131.0w. I think I must need glasses?

No worries. My receiver said I was on G0, but I found a channel and saw it was AMC 11.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)