FTA Setup and Dish Network 121

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I am just about to pull the trigger on a FTA Setup from Sadoun, with all the pieces, HH Motor, a big dish, etc... I posted this question in the Dish Network section and really don't want to cross post, but I would like to receive Dish of the 121W and split it into a Dish DP301 receiver, for the international programming from Dish.. My wife really wants me to bring this in, and I want to accommodate, however I would like FTA setup. According to what I have read the 121 bird is a KU/FSS, which if I have read correctly, the FTA setup would be the same, can I just split the signal, having the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra acquire the bird for me, with the FORTEC STAR FSKU-v, then having the Dish Receiver decode the signal, this way I am only paying the content from Dish that I want/need. Otherwise I will have to get the Dishnetwork Superdish and LNBF Setup... (Which only works in my eyes for Dish...)

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide..
Rick

You could use a 30" dish for both HOWEVER, as soon as you move that dish off of 121, the signal for the Dish301 would be gone.

You would really need 2 dish setups :)

I understand the limits of the single dish and I'm weighing that as well, but to get myself started, I just wanted to make sure it would work.. LNBF etc...

Thanks.. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts