FTA Spanish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chavez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2008
Milky Way
Hi, new to this FTA...it looks like I might be a decade late; but are there any FTA channels I can recieve in espaniol?

Yes, there are a lot of Spanish sats. I would say that almost 50% or more of the sats I receive are in in Spanish.

Si, hay muchos. Yo diria que la mayoria de los canales son latinos en espaniol...
Enviame un mensaje y te hare llegar una lista.

ay ay ay!

Are you looking for KU only (30-36" dish) or C-Band (6 foot or larger)?

KU would have Telemundo and Azteca 7, 13 & 40 (Proyecto 40). There are a couple religious stations like Bethel TV & Esparanza too. Dang there is one satellite (Hispasat) that has some from Cuba but that satellite is very low on the horizon for me (9 degrees). North Dakota pretty much wouold be non existant

C-Band has a TON...Heck 2 satellites (Satmex 5 & 6) are pretty much all Spanish
SatelliteGuys.US - 113.0°W SatMex 6 C
SatelliteGuys.US - 116.8°W SatMex 5 C

and if you can aim a dish to 58 or 55W there is more there
SatelliteGuys.US - 55.5°W Intelsat 805 C
SatelliteGuys.US - 58.0°W Intelsat 9 C

All the C-Band links I can receive in MN with a 6 foot dish

and TELEVISA 12 from Tijuana on the KU side of Satmex 5 too

I didnt include that one since the OP's location is North Dakota. Satmex5 has a HORRIBLE KU footprint once you get to the northern states.
a 1.2m dish can pick up some of the stations with decent results. I know the 6 footer will. The 36" barely gets anything

edit: checking the footprint, NoDak isnt even in there

sm5_ku2.gif

C Band NSS 806 40.5 West, Intelsat 14 45 West more than 75% of the channels in spanish as well!!

If only inglés channels were as plenty as español channels, in north america...

There are channels with peliculas, deportes, and... you name it...

Many spanish speaking members are on this forum.

I have been scannning for those, but can't pull them in. I get other stuff, so I know I'm on the right bird...

Blind scan do not catch that low SR... it is better manual scan!:):up

PM to moderator for current freq , pol and SR;)

I have been scannning for those, but can't pull them in. I get other stuff, so I know I'm on the right bird...

Here is the info for Televisa 12 Tijuana, enter the info below manually.

116.8w Satmex 5
Transponder: 11977 Horizontal
SR: 1562

It will scan as TELEUISA

One thing for certain, if you have a motorized dish, you will find that there are plenty of channels up there for everyone, regardless of your ethnicity! This is what is really "cool"!

There are many FTA channels in almost every language, so you can find something that you can identify with easily. If you have a mind to, you can tune in to the channels serving other languages and try to learn a little bit just by acquainting yourself with it all. I pick up a few things each day, I learn a little more as I watch. I make it a challenge of discovery, a bit of a game and a learning experience. I may not be very good at this language game, but I do know that it is good for the mind to try! :)

RADAR

I can't get anything off SatMex 5 here in Vermont with a 36" dish, I know I am on the arc as I can get 95%Q either side of that bird. I am also shooting over a tree at the range, so maybe a branch is in the way I can't see. Is anybody in New England able to get a good signal off that bird?

For the original poster: if you are in the Red River Valley, there should be no problem if you have a well tuned 90cm antenna. I have one temporarily installed on an apartment rooftop in Fergus Falls (55 miles SE of Fargo), turned upside down to reduce horizon noise pickup as well as mechanically clear things with the 7.5 degree elevation angle here. Quality readings in the low 70s here on Cuba and several other transponders. I have picked it up in the past at a 5 degree angle in Grand Forks...no problem. Theoretically you could probably do it in Bismarck or Minot, but with 2 and 3 degree elevation angles, there will be issues with atmospheric fading...needing a larger dish (maybe a 1.2 meter or larger), mounted upside down for above reasons, on a rooftop location. Any questions, please Email me at Skyvision. mkohl@skyvision.com

You were right, magnigyro. I added the info manually and finally got Televisa. Thanks!

Congrats!:)...

The image is a bit dark and sometimes as zoom, audio very variable ... many local news, novels and best mexican soccer!;):up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)