FTA -The Research Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Smilin Steve

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Lowell, MA
I have a Tandberg TT1221A and a Patriot 1.8m dish with a frequency of 10.7-12.75 GHz.

I am trying to repoit the dish to receive The Research Channel on Galaxy 18 at 123 degrees west lat.

I also need to set the elevation to 18.9 degrees on an offset dish.

How do I find 18.9 degrees?
Does anyone else have The Research Channel?
Is Satelite Frequesncy the same as Lband Frequency?

Any info is helpful.
Thanks,
~S:D

That could mean many things :(

It means that your receiver is not locking onto the transponder. (Wrong transponder information, or dish is not aligned to the satellite......)

Have you picked up any channels with the receiver yet?

The Tandberg TT1221A says LNB Freq. 1.0553 which is the Lband number from the list of coordinates for setting up Research Channel. I don't know if I picked the correct number to use. I just assumed it was asking for the Lband number when it asked from the LNB number.

Do you remember setting the LO anywhere or do you remember a number that looks like 10750 or 10600 ?

I re-read your post and noticed the "10.7-12.75 GHz", that means that you have a universal LNB and need to use the LBand frequency of 1.205 GHz.

EDIT - You also need to turn on 22KHz if it is not already on.

What about the number for something called "Satellite Frequency"?

I re-read your post and noticed the "10.7-12.75 GHz", that means that you have a universal LNB and need to use the LBand frequency of 1.205 GHz.

EDIT - You also need to turn on 22KHz if it is not already on.

I have a Tandberg TT1221A and a Patriot 1.8m dish with a frequency of 10.7-12.75 GHz.
That is the KU band.

I also need to set the elevation to 18.9 degrees on an offset dish.

How do I find 18.9 degrees?
Use a $10 inclinometer (available Lowe's or Home Depot) Subtract the offset angle of the Patriot 1.8 of 22.3° from your elevation angle of 18.9°and you have - 3.4°, set the front face of the dish to that angle (might be 90°-3.4° = 86.6°) should be just tilted down from vertical.
Does anyone else have The Research Channel?
Yes
Is Satelite Frequesncy the same as Lband Frequency?
the 10.7 GHz-12.7 GHz band is known as the KU band.

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)