KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I was just wondering if the DMX Music dishes were somthing I might could use for FTA. I honestly have never installed one, but knew about them. Well any I got contracted to change out all of the Huddle Houses in my area From DMX to Sirius. So my question is about the dishes them selves I have FTA receivers, but are they the DMX dishes KU/KA band or what are they useable on FTA?

Dish size and lnb

Well I did some looking around to find specs on there dish. Then again I didn't have much time to look. Mostly what you will find is something like this.

Dish size above XX is okay to use. (Notice alot are 1m But 31cm or above is fine.) I have also seen some strange configs on roofs.)
Does the dish use a standard KU lnb/lnbf.
(Example dishes used on gass stations have both transmit and receive.
So you remove that assemble and replace it with a standard lnbf for ku.)
Is the mount on the end of the post standard or something special. That you need to mfg a bracket for.

That is about it. I'm sure later today somebody will post exactly what I said with the exception of yes, you can and you need to do this for it to work.
Also if you can get a picture of the dish/size and post it. Would be a easy yes or no. Also alot of dishes are mfg by channel master. Standard KU band dish.

later,

Josh

Not sure but they are about 3.5 feet in diameter....if that helps.

I can practically guarantee you they'll not only work, but work very well :) We'd love some pictures of the dish (with close-ups of the LNB)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)