FTA using starchoice dish and LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajne429

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
I am just getting into FTA and Satellite and I am looking for some advise.

I live in Eastern Ontario and am hoping to receive from the IA5 satellite.

I have the opportunity to obtain fairly cheap
- a Starchoice E60 dish with a quad LNB or
- a circular dish with a single LNB.

Which one should I choose or should I not bother with either?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

The circular dish is 24".

BTW, I live in a residential area our backyard faces southwest the distance to the next house is approximately 35', if that is of any importance.

moved to FTA area

both of them are rather small for FTA. We normally say a 30" (76cm) dish or larger. In Canada, some try a 90cm or larger

You might get some of the strong signals up there but it will be tough for others.

Iceberg, if I was going to use a newer 75cm StarChoice dish for two satellites using a FTA receiver, what would be the best way of setting it up?

ajne429 said:
I am just getting into FTA and Satellite and I am looking for some advise.

I live in Eastern Ontario and am hoping to receive from the IA5 satellite.

I have the opportunity to obtain fairly cheap
- a Starchoice E60 dish with a quad LNB or
- a circular dish with a single LNB.

Which one should I choose or should I not bother with either?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
The E60 is 60cm oval dish i once tried catching IA5 with one it does work but be aware that singal/quality will not be the greatest and really weak tp will not make it in at all.Like other suggested get better dish and lnb. T
he bigger dish the better but until that arrive on really strong tp's the E60 will work.If can go for 1M dish at least should get most ku out there and will never regret.

RtpiFan :)

cablewithaview said:
Iceberg, if I was going to use a newer 75cm StarChoice dish for two satellites using a FTA receiver, what would be the best way of setting it up?

I havent tried it with 2 FTA satellites. I set mine up for SC (obviously) :)

There is 2 lNB's on it. The one on the left (if you are looking from behind the dish) has a 22k built in so when you set it up, this one would be 22K on

The only issue is the LNB's are 3.8 degrees apart so one satellite may not have the optimum signal. What I would do for aiming is, lets say you want IA5 & IA6. I'd split the difference and use the numbers like you were aiming G3.

Now for me, IA5, IA6, G3, G11 are all at the same elevation so its easier for me :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts